Just picked up an 07..few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an 07..few questions

Hey guys.. just traded my f4i in on an 07 600rr.. Great bike..

Before I start modding I have a couple questions that probably will save me some money to get the answers here instead of trial and error.

A few mods I have planned and want to know anyones experiences or point me where I need to go.

Fender Eliminator - Is competition werkes version (plate under the tail) the best out there? Does it interfere at all with future exhaust upgrades? If there is something better in your opinion, post it up and why?

Exhaust - On my f4i it was no issue to run my 2 bros without a power commander. Is it the same here or does it effect the 600rr more?

Thanks guys in advance and I'm diggin the RR !!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Just picked up an 07..few questions

Nice Bike!! .. Love the color scheme . I actually just ordered the Jardine RT-One Dual Outlet Exhaust for mine along with a +2 rear sprocket. Everything is being installed Friday .. so I'll keep you posted.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM

check out the R&G tail tidy. it bolts to the oem location and does not interfere with anything

as far as exhausts go, the PC3 is not required for a slip on. if you are going to get one then you need to get it custom mapped or it is pretty much a waste and will not do much.

as far choice, go with the good ones. akro or leo vince, supposedly two bros is putting down good numbers.

sato or arata are the best but they dont have one out yet for them.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM

the bike comes from honda pretty lean to meet EPA emission regulations. a power commander can do nothing but help, even in stock trim. will a slip on change the fueling? you can bet your *** it will.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM

Ijust got an 07 rr.I bought the bike litez FE kit and flush mount front blinkers from tail1. Installed everything last night and the FE racekit mounts with the same bolt and bolt location as the stock but looks 100 times better than stock. I dont see it interfering with a future exhaust upgrade.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:39 AM

I bought the 07RR at the beginning of the season and have some suggestions. First, I have the Yosh RS-5 slip on on my bike, and it needs to engine mapping adjustment. You will notice a slight decrease in kick off the line, BUT when she hits power ban you will notice the difference, just be careful cause it will skip like hell. I put the hotbodies flushmounts in the front, look cool and they work but no one can see them, i dont care but that depends on how safe you want to be. So here is the big one.... The bikelitez undertail eliminator is crap, i bought on, put it on, and it looks like trash, not nice and pretty like the pictures on the website. That and the light is totally useless and cant be seen at all (i got the one that mounts at the end of the tail). The good news is that with a little modification you can fit the 06 tail light in the tail of the 07, just need to trim the tail a little and extend the exhaust bracket slightly as to allow a little more room for the light. Its not that difficult at all. My friend and i did it on his 07 and i am about half done in doing it with mine. Additionally, the sprocket-gaurd vertical style tag holder (i got mine at 1tail) that replaces the tensioner guide on the chain side from an 06 will fit on the 07 straight on, so thats another option if you dont want to look like everyone else. My biggest piece of advice is to look around on this site, you will fine that the vast marjority of 06 parts will fit you 07 with little or minor mods. Also look into the shogun crash kit... its like 100 bucks from indysuperbikes.com and comes with everything and is a no cut. The back of the 07s I have noticed is super light and likes to come around a little bit, not a bad investment to protect those pretty fairings....