F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bikes impounded

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bikes impounded - its damaged.

well yeah they damaged it.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They usually do. Now the trick is trying to get them to pay for it.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 PM

just my 2 cents, but I don't think he asked for everyone to jump all over him and give I'm better than you lectures.....HE asked about any impound stories.

S&*t happens, don't act like you all are saints!!

Hindra, sorry I don't have any knowledge of the impound lot so I can't help you there, but I don't think anything good can come from it.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: sbv32

just my 2 cents, but I don't think he asked for everyone to jump all over him and give I'm better than you lectures.....HE asked about any impound stories.

S&*t happens, don't act like you all are saints!!

Hindra, sorry I don't have any knowledge of the impound lot so I can't help you there, but I don't think anything good can come from it.
I agree 1000%. But you gotta remember, this is the internet, so the e-***** to truth quota is pretty stretched.

Everybody makes mistakes. We all have. Especially when we are younger. That's life-and that's how you learn.

Nobody knows what your situation is and why you moved, etc. I know other people who have been in your same situation. They didn't know their license was suspended. And they often don't make it to DOL to change their address because for one reason or another they are in a transient state and don't want to have to do it 10 times before they settle in where they live. They are often times students.

As far as the comment about running and his influences others, it's just more e-*****. If any one is so damn stupid that they think back to this post and think, "hey! I should run because someone mentioned it on CBRForums" Then they already had that mentality. Sounds like some people just like to sit behind their keyboard with their anonymity and pick this guys story apart.

Good luck getting it fixed. Be sure to take lots of pictures. But unfortunately, I think you are screwed. You may end up having to take them to small claims court. Be sure and take pictures, as well as document every conversation you have with them.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think its a big headache I dont want to deal with. I was going to repaint it this winter anyway. Its just the fact they dropped it and I hope whoever was on it when it dropped learns a lesson. The bike was in Primer Black anyway..but now there a new crack I have to fix(Ive done fiberglass, bondo, painting work before..) I can fix it and yeah I have been really busy. I am a single father working 40+hrs a week. I was in school but my GPA wasnt high enough..5 year old kid and working to much... and I am not going to ruin my GPA.. I need a better situation. I got the bike to save on gas..I got it for $3300 from a buddy and the gas it saves me makes the payment. I know people can be dicks and thanks.. I was only asking for impound stories. Anyway, everyone have a goodnight!