Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

impounded

Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impounded

so i was drivin my 01 eclipse last night after delivering a honda ecu to a friend and i notice this charger sittin behind me all whit with an l.e.d strip on top. i instantly knew i was gonna get pulled over due to my expired plates. so we take off and i switch lanes to get the cop off my a$$ and he just follows me through traffic. finally we hit clear road and he flipped em' cherries n berries. before he even walked up to my car i realized my license was in my other coat and my registration, insurance card and everything else was also at the house. copper walks up to my window asks for all the info i don't have on me so he takes my name and birth date down and goes to his car. comes back bout 5 min later tellin me he cant pull me up in the system so i give him my ssn. he goes back to his car. bout 15 min later he comes back to my window and tells me to step outta the car. when i get out of my car he walks me to the back of his charger and tells me to get in mind you im not in cuffs nor have i had my rights read to me so i'm very confussed at this point. i get in the car and we start going through my driving record on his laptop which by the way is way longer than i would've thought. he says didn't you get pulled over for this on nov. 27 and get a warning. so i'm searching my memory and can't recall this so i tell him no. i got arrested on the 27th for posession of marijuana which they got me for at a party at my house that got called in. he keeps tellin me i'm lyin to him and he pulls it up on his laptop. come to find out it is on my record that i was driving an 04 dodge hemi pickup on that date and got pulled over. i do not own atruck period let alone an 04 hemi, but my dad does own a red 04 hemi and i'm a junior. so i'm tellin him there is some sort of mixup and he doesn't believe me keeps tellin me to quit lyin and eventually he calls back to dispatch and calls in a hook. me n my buddy who was in the car got to walk for to hrs at night in the snow to my nearest friends house cuz i don't have a cell phone. so now i get to go to the bmv today and get all my s*** straightened out. i gotta get insurance then i get to go to the impound lot and pay for the tow plus the $40 a day impound fee. so i made $40 bucks on the ecu i sold but i'm gonna be out a couple hundo by the end of all this. isn't life great

Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 AM

Why would you want to air out this kind of nonsense on an open forum? Pretty sure you're gonna get flamed for being an idiot.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Sounds like you need a cell phone and lessons on what a paragraph is. lol

Last edited by RojerLockless; 01-13-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Shennanigans...

Old 01-13-2010, 10:15 AM

you shoulda tried to race him since you knew you were gonna get pulled over anyways.

you couldn't have asked the cop to call you a cab or even give you a ride or even ride with the tow truck driver to the towing place then use their phone and call a friend or cab. Or you could have stopped at the first house you walked by and asked to use their phone, ive stopped at a number of random houses to use phones because of car troubles before.

sounds to me like you walking was your fault you had plenty of other options.

Last edited by Jmclmorrow; 01-13-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by oo3menace
Why would you want to air out this kind of nonsense on an open forum? Pretty sure you're gonna get flamed for being an idiot.
I'm sorry but where else you gonna b***h bout the cops havin the wrong info in there system an screwin you over not my fault im not an idiot just had exp. plates and no insurance. how many ppl you know that r un employed with insurance i got a kid to worry bout not my car buddy. and my info wuz at my house cuz i got a folder that holds all my cars registration and titles i just sold a car the other day hints the info not bein in my car. and i don't have the cell phone cuz once again i'm unemployed.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 AM

cop told me i had to walk i did ask for a ride

Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm calling shenanigans.

You're driving on expired plates. At this point in the story, all of the fault is on you.

Sorry, sounds really crappy... but don't be pissed at the cops because you're an idiot. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 600ninja
im not an idiot just had exp. plates and no insurance. how many ppl you know that r un employed with insurance
So basically your complaining that you got pulled over for something illegal that you were doing

Originally Posted by 600ninja
and i don't have the cell phone cuz once again i'm unemployed.
You should get a track phone, just like a cell phone but you can just buy like 100 minutes for like 10 bucks and they last as long as you want, even years, just until you use them. I know people that have this just for emergencys.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually here in Philadelphia driving a car with no insurance & expired registration is an automatic impound with intent to sell + visit to county. I'm kinda surprised the cop let you walk home

They'd have sorted the bad info back at station and hit you with everything that was correctly wrong

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: impounded