CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Have a wiring problem somewhere...FI/Igntition fuse blows

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have a wiring problem somewhere...FI/Igntition fuse blows

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

Hey man, No problem, I really hope that works out for you! What color is the frayed wire on the old harness? I would bet that was the problem and if you repaired it, shrink wrapped it well and taped it back up it would work just fine. I would also tell that mechanic to get a job that he is more qualified to do, maybe like Mcdonalds drive through. Pulling out the harness and inspecting it should have been the first thing he did when dealing with a short. I hate mechanics though, so im a little biased. I went to the chevy dealer to have my truck looked at, making some rattling and they said it was my tranny and i needed to have my transmission repaired, went over to my uncles and lifted it and there was a U bracket broken off rattling on the exhaust, broke that bitch off and it sounds just fine now. damn burger-flipper grade employees working in a garage is all it is.
Im with you on that one bro. I left the dealership confused when they told me they didnt know what was wrong. Anyhow, the wire is black/white stripe silver rings. Im looking at the manual for it now.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:55 PM

o yea, thats a problem, if that one is shorted(you can do it easily yourself by shorting it at the BAS as a test) it will blow the fuse that was giving you trouble, that is why the jiggling the wires worked a little bit, just kept it from making contact untill the next time you hit a bump or something. cut the tape off there and repair that wire and make sure all the other ones in there are clean and i bet it will work just fine after that.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM

I got her back on the raod. Rode to work today, around for lunch. All is good. Thanks again for all the help fellas!!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:42 PM

awesome!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Default Please still be a member and tell me you found the solution 😁

Originally Posted by Hcstreetriding
Hey, I am having the same exact problem with my bike, Have been trouble shooting it for a couple days, I have a brand new r/r and a good stator on mine and having the same issue so i dont think its there(although a bad or defective r/r could be the problem).

if you can answer a few questions for me i can give you the info that i have so far...
it is only when your running the bike at high speed/high rpm, correct?
have you taken the casing for the kill switch and start button apart at all?
Did your fuel pump have power after the blown fuse?
do you have a bank angle sensor? (mine does not, it is rigged to by pass for stunts)

My fuse only blows when i flip the switch to the run position with the key on, probably a short but i have not found anything yet
... So the problem is somewhere in that loop, the engine will still kick over when i press the start button but i do not get power to the fuel pump, im still review the wiring diagram to try to find something-Looking at the wiring its something along the lines of

Battery ->30Amp main fuse->20Amp sub fuse-> engine stop relay-> after that relay(not sure about this, will have to look again) the power goes to another main relay and the fuel pump relay and the kill switch along with some other things. Im going to review it again tonight. But as of right now im stumped
I’m been the chasing the same thing down for a year. I can’t take another day of listening to everyone else ride.