Best Riding Tips/Pointers/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Riding Tips/Pointers

Awareness! Always scan, always ask "What IF?" ...YOU will prevent your own accident, even if it's about to be somebody else's fault.

When leaning hard, make sure to put the ***** of your feet (part furthest forward just before your toes) on the pegs so your shoes/boots don't scraped up.

NO leaning with cold tires, or any aggressive riding for that matter! At least 2 miles of easy riding before riding hard....I guess it also depends on what kind of tires you have. Oh, and obviously this is in above freezing temps with dry roads.

Let your bike's enginewarm up before riding.

Some HD rider said to me once "I don't understand you crotch rocket guys. When you see a hot girl, you go 'Gwaaaaaa Gwaaaaaaaaaa' and speed off." - - - - -Don't try to impress anybody. You can't talk to the hot girls if you're speeding away from them orlooping the wheelie you tried pulling.

Learn to walk before you run.

Limit your riding on late Fri/Sat nights if possible...too many drunks playing bumper cars on those nights.

GEAR GEAR GEAR!!! Shoes/boots, helmet, gloves, jacket, shin/knee guards. Not just for you, buthave the passenger gear upas well.

RIDE SAFE ALL!!!! Let's make this a good year. It's starting to warm up significantly around the country. Cheers to all for a safe season.