Best Riding Tips/Pointers/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Riding Tips/Pointers

When you come to a stop watch what you step in! I've already read a few posts about peoples feet sliding and their bike falling over at a stop..... still can't understand how though!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 AM

-Look at the road 50 feet ahead of you, it comes up faster then you think.
-Dress like your going to lowside every time you ride.
-Showing off is for harleys, they know damn well we are faster, no need to prove it.
-Countersteer, Countersteer, Countersteer... (Search for this thread by 'juliet')
-Dont push your limits, ever.
-When coming to a gradual stop, first downshift, while easing on the rear brake, then ease on the front, this will prevent nose dive, and keep you stable.
-Never kick down to first, unless you really know what your doing, you DONT want to lock the rear.
-Ride with people who know they're ****, ask them to take you out, follow they're lines and movements, they will be happy to help and honored that you respect them as a solid rider. Going out with your gixxer buddies ripping wheelies is no way to learn how to ride well, but how to die fast.
-Lastly, keep your paperwork legit: Registration, inspection, license... and pull over for cops. Chances are if you have straight papers and pull over, they will let you go, they respect the fact that you pulled over, cause they know you can get away. (verbatim from a state trooper that lives near me, no lies.)

RIDE SAFE

Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 AM

MAKE SURE LOOK BOTH WAYS at 4 ways RED Light before goingg...it's possible to wait a few seconds before taking off to be safe from SOME DUMBASS decided to run RED LIGHTs

Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks guys this advice is really good! The riding/racing tips as well as the technical/mechanical/maintenance tips are most helpful. Please keep them coming!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Always place yourself in the lane to be seen by other drivers,if I don't have a car to get right next to going through the intersection (if they don't see you they see the car and will be less likely to turn out in front of you), and I havea car in frontof me, I will move to the left side of the lane for a driver making a left turn, if itis a driver making a right onto my roadI will get to the right side of the lane, just to make sure they see meand the carin front isn't blocking their vision. When I'm overtaking cars Ihug theinside of the lane on their side, so they can see me coming up in their mirrors, and then move to the outside of the lane when I am next to them in case they cut into my lane anyways.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:06 PM

Here you go

https://cbrforum.com/m_360824/tm.htm

Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM

The best advice is to keep the rubber side down.

This is best done by riding with-in your limits and staying on two wheels.

Also, don't put tire-shine on your tires.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM

link to the "countersteer" post? excellent suggestions everyone... wish all my friends were this smart.
consequnetly i ride alone quite a bit! [8D]

Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 PM

Do not brake in a turn!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM

I like to down shift when in traffic to be as load as possible. I figure if they can't see me, they better at least hear me! Jardine RT-1 works great for that!!! Never cruise in the blind spot of others. Also, accidents hurt and happen, alwayswear protection.

Quick Reply: Best Riding Tips/Pointers/Advice