CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve.zodiac
Thanks Shakey, we will have to meet up sometime, do you ever get over to Rivington Barn??
Yep ... definately have to meet up soon mate ... I know Rivi very well, been there loads of times when I had the 14 with the lads from the Org ... they do a great Sunday Roast in the top barn ...

Working every weekend at the moment, but if you're free during the week, give me a shout..... Or, come over to the bike meet in Lytham St Annes on a Monday night ... I'm usually there, if I'm not working.....

Just to keep on topic ...... cleaned the CBR today .... It's looking much better!

Began my investigation into why the brakes are pulsing ....

Last edited by shakey; 07-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
Yep ... definately have to meet up soon mate ... I know Rivi very well, been there loads of times when I had the 14 with the lads from the Org ... they do a great Sunday Roast in the top barn ...

Working every weekend at the moment, but if you're free during the week, give me a shout..... Or, come over to the bike meet in Lytham St Annes on a Monday night ... I'm usually there, if I'm not working.....

Just to keep on topic ...... cleaned the CBR today .... It's looking much better!

Began my investigation into why the brakes are pulsing ....
Hi Shakey, hope you sort thise brakes, taking mine in for it's MOT today, (last couple of days of my holidays), but should be able to get over to Lytham St Annes one Monday, where is the meet at and what time? I might try and get over next Monday depending on weather and work.

Cheers, Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Default MOT Passed!!!!

Took bike to be MOT'd today and she passed!!!

Had new brake pads back and front fitted whilst in shop and new cush bushes in the rear hub.

Think I've spent enough on this bike for the time being lol!!

Cheers, Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Took bike to be MOT'd today and she passed!!!

Had new brake pads back and front fitted whilst in shop and new cush bushes in the rear hub.

Think I've spent enough on this bike for the time being lol!!

Cheers, Steve

Nice one, Steve... knew she would pass

How did the new seat shape up??? Comfy???

The bike meet on Mondays is in St Annes Square, in the 2 main car parks. Usual meet time is between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, although, sometimes goes on much later if it's a really sunny evening..... Let me know if you're coming over, cos it gets very busy if the sun's out (500 ish bikes on a good night ... a lot less if it's cold n wet).

Congrats on the pass

Meet location is here.....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 AM

I did my carbs today, put the jets in boiling water with carb cleaner - that did the trick - after ten mins runs very good now the water temp clock is not working though but it was a junk yard dog when I got it and I have a green wire loose and if I put it to the body the temp clock needle moves , so i have no idea where it goes. The fan comes on

corrections: Shadow

Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced my front wheel bearings - left side one was so bad the wheel was wobbling
The rumble (under braking)from the front end which I thought was discs has now disappeared too.
I will have to have one pinch bolt drilled out as it snapped when removing them.......
Oh well, old bikes are always full of surprises

Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
Nice one, Steve... knew she would pass

How did the new seat shape up??? Comfy???

The bike meet on Mondays is in St Annes Square, in the 2 main car parks. Usual meet time is between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, although, sometimes goes on much later if it's a really sunny evening..... Let me know if you're coming over, cos it gets very busy if the sun's out (500 ish bikes on a good night ... a lot less if it's cold n wet).

Congrats on the pass

Meet location is here.....

fy8 1rf - Google Maps
Thanks Shakey, really pleased she passed, can go either way with these old bikes; new seat absolutely spot on, took a ride over to Stockport to see a mate this afternoon with the missus, she is chuffed as well, slightly harder foam has made the seat more comfortable, plus the covering they used stops her sliding about the place.

I'll say yes to Monday night as long as it isn't peeing down, don't do rain these days, I'll PM you my mobile number.

Cheers, Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I looked lovingly at the CBR1000F sitting forlornly in the shed, whilst the torrential rain/hail tattooed the roof!

But big plans are afoot (as soon as the sun comes out). I HAVE the Yoshimura cans - I HAVE the heatproof paint and primer to turn them black. I HAVE the exhaust heatwrap, I HAVE all the parts to build a copy of CoolTim's regulator/rectifier. I HAVE borrowed Naga-Thai's carbytune manometers to tune the carbys.

With the new job, I don't have the free time during the day to attack these jobs!

Lookin' forward to seeing the sun

Cheers, SB

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM

I'll say yes to Monday night as long as it isn't peeing down, don't do rain these days, I'll PM you my mobile number.

Cheers, Steve
Received and replied with my number, Steve ... hope the weather is kind

Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM

Replace the fuel tube. I'm going to spray carb cleaner as i had to unbolt the intake to fit in the fuel tube. I would like to flush the coolant but can't seem to find the drain plug. Any one knows where is it? or an easy way to drain all the coolant? I don't have a Haynes manual yet. Thanks

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?