CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise Control

I got this on a ride today, I don't know if it will work on my 'Cane. I will try to make time tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. PM me if anyone has tried to use one.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oghegghhh...
Went for a ride today at night time and just few km s before my goal point under the traffic light was first signal for dieing... Managed to ride around 3 km after that at a big road and suddenly I saw my front light starting to flash... they werent their own color anymore and when I switced my side light on to pull over it died totally... Battery died...
In middle of normal run :S this is wierd cause I bought a new battery in may and we have riden around 1500 miles with the battery and just like that...
So after small sleep (3 to 4 hours) I am gonna start to take it open.. Mad some research from the forum and seems that this problem has occured on others aswell but all in different reasons... So will see whats up now Really bad timing when your away from your home 30 miles and its 3 o clock in the morning when everybody are a sleep One lucky Bastard managed to answere in his sleep He probably regrets that but hey I owe him bigtime

ouh and we checked with the multimeter that it is not chargeing on neutral position and when the lights are on or off. it doesnt also charge when the revs are up and lights are on. and charges at small revs only.

Last edited by Sprock; 07-08-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Default Painting.......

I've finally got round to finishing off a rough repair to the nearside main fairing panel on my 1000f-j. When I bought it, someone had had a go at repairing the panel at the bottom, looked like a fall off the sidestand, they had filled it but done little else. I did all the flatting down and applied the primer on Friday, yesterday I applied the white, today I have remasked and applied the red, tomorrow I need to mask off for the curve at the bottom of the panel and reapply the white to finish off the paint. I've bought some white trimming tape in different sizes to put the white stripes on again, photos to follow if it actually looks ok when I've finished.

Cheers, Steve

Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll work indy - I have two - you will need to lightly dremel / sand the inner ring
to "bite" just right but be careful you can't put back what you sand off

Finished recovering a Corbin seat as a favor to a Forum friend.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
oghegghhh...
Went for a ride today at night time and just few km s before my goal point under the traffic light was first signal for dieing... Managed to ride around 3 km after that at a big road and suddenly I saw my front light starting to flash... they werent their own color anymore and when I switced my side light on to pull over it died totally... Battery died...
In middle of normal run :S this is wierd cause I bought a new battery in may and we have riden around 1500 miles with the battery and just like that...
So after small sleep (3 to 4 hours) I am gonna start to take it open.. Mad some research from the forum and seems that this problem has occured on others aswell but all in different reasons... So will see whats up now Really bad timing when your away from your home 30 miles and its 3 o clock in the morning when everybody are a sleep One lucky Bastard managed to answere in his sleep He probably regrets that but hey I owe him bigtime

ouh and we checked with the multimeter that it is not chargeing on neutral position and when the lights are on or off. it doesnt also charge when the revs are up and lights are on. and charges at small revs only.
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR REGULATOR/RECTIFIER HAS GONE.
Electrex make a good one- many of us have fitted them as they are cheaper than the standard one and MUCH better. They have a 12 month guarantee too
If in future you have this problem and can keep the engine running - PUSH THE STARTER BUTTON AND HOLD IT - I know it sounds mad but it turns your starter into an alternator and I rode home 70 Kilometers with a flat battery.
If you keep the revs up it will run.........and it didn't damage the starter at all. I am still running the same starter motor and it's fine !

Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
If in future you have this problem and can keep the engine running - PUSH THE STARTER BUTTON AND HOLD IT - I know it sounds mad but it turns your starter into an alternator and I rode home 70 Kilometers with a flat battery.
If you keep the revs up it will run.........and it didn't damage the starter at all. I am still running the same starter motor and it's fine !
Well the problem was that it stopped running... And was not able to start.. I needed a boost... rided home without headlight.. But Ill keep that in mind anyway if thats possible! Thanks mate

Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Shh shh so got the problem fixed for now atleast untill I can get something to replace that little bugger... my friend is a clever boy...

This is what he came up with..

And then we got bored and tried a new thing I bought a bit ago.. havent had mutch time to use it but hey here it is..

So after washing it:

notice the difference...

And end result

What we did today

Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet

notice the difference...

Yeah, a new shade of nail polish!!

Bloody good job on the exhaust Missynet and glad you found the source of your electrical troubles.

Cheers, SB

Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

My GF bought a new helmet to ride with me.... I know it doesn't match mine but suits her likes....

Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
My GF bought a new helmet to ride with me.... I know it doesn't match mine but suits her likes....

Do I spy a weeny can of WD-40 peeking out the visor??!!

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?