CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Double R Nothin'

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
^ Looks great, now all you need are some friends.
well with me - Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise

Edit - so today I got stuck into putting the bikes back to double
pipes - with now (2) viper cans on each - the single pipe look
kinda wore off me fast I guess.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-pipe1.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-pipe2.jpg  

Last edited by Sprock; 02-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprock
well with me - Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise

Edit - so today I got stuck into putting the bikes back to double
pipes - with now (2) viper cans on each - the single pipe look
kinda wore off me fast I guess.
Sweet

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone knows a liter bike HAS to have 2 pipes. Otherwise it would just look like a 900

Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Hi all,
I got the top end rebuild finished today. Ran it on the starter motor for 30 seconds to get the oil running round then put the plugs back in.
She fired up first time. Smooth as new. I won't deny my feeling of elation. Cracked a beer, let her warm up then checked all the fluids again.
Despite the snow on the ground I put my gear on and took her for a spin.
Slithering down my road to the main road was a bit hairy but once on the salted tarmac she lurched forward so fast I wondered if it was the same bike. The difference was immediately apparent and that damned ticking noise that's been with me for the last 45K miles is gone. In fact there is no noise at all except for the crisp exhaust note.
Big grin. Fill up the gas and 40 miles later the grin hadn't gone.
Oh boy. Happy new year. He he...
By the way, the modded CCT is still under development but needs some machine shop time. It's not going to get left on the back burner for long. Promise!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Will87
Hi all, I am new to the forum.
I have owned my '91 1000f since September and I'm till getting to grips with it, today I have changed my plugs, oil and fitted heated grips, on that subject i was hoping for a little advice.....

is anyone aware of an ideal point to splice in the 12v supply for the grips as opposed to the battery, so that they will switch off when the ignition is off, i've found a few locations but none really in a suitable spot to splice in accessories. Any suggestions?

Also in the last few months ive swapped out the OEM mirrors and indicators for mirrors with integrated indicators and LED spears at the rear, ive also had the bodywork filled in to replace the front indicators, now i am debating whether to respray the bike or go with a vinyl wrap.

Will

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...81769577_n.jpg
Will,
My heated grips ( Oxford ) are wired straight to the battery. The newer ones have a cut off in them when they sense 2 amps or less. Id try splicing into the headlight wiring if you wish to wire them that way. I did that with an ammeter I have on my 1000F and it works fine. Its easy enough I just spliced in under the fuse block. Cheers.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 AM

Got new performance machined rims. Upgraded to 17" front. Got new sprock and chain. Added some chrome and getting her painted. I cant want till shes all back together.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Default exceeding my engineering ability

Hi guys, got my 94 CBR1000F in October last year and I am really enjoying it, although I
haven't posted much, I still have a read regularly. Had my old gearsack bag sitting there with nothing to put it on, fortunately one of the guys at work had an old rack he wasn't using. Got myself motivated on my last lot of days off, went down to the local hardware lashed out on a strip of steel, a few bolts, nuts and washers, and finally 2 spray cans of paint (one primer and one black enamel). Total outlay was just over $20.

I can't say I'm an engineering genius, I will have a crack at the basic things. So I was very happy and a bit relieved that everything turned out well

Tested the rack out with a magic ride to work last Saturday, God this bike goes well my last bike was an 86 xj750 Yamaha, the 1000f is just a totally new beast. She might be a bit big and a little heavy, but even though I'm no monster, she handles well (definately better than the xj) and there is oodles of power (certainly more than I'll ever need)
Oh yer the rack worked fine, although I haven't got to ride home yet as we have been deployed out on flood work in western Queensland (that's a state in the land of OZ for all you guys on the other side of the pacific)

Hope you've all been getting out for a ride, looks a bit cold in the northern hemisphere at the moment though.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Banned

Got my seat back from the upholsterers today for the 92. Just waiting for some other bits and pieces from the bike shop that are coming from Japan......wont be long and she will be on the road. Also painted header pipes and muffler. Came up well.

Last edited by Bordo; 02-10-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Finally got the angles needed for the new mid-pipe:

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?