CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i read the headline, the first thought was...it depends on the lady's riding position.
then i read your story...and now i feel bad for even having thought in my "usual" ways.

Biking is a life style, it doesn't know gender, age or type of bike. It does know however, the attitude of the rider(s). (c) FargAT :P
Some are just not where the majority of responsible, educated, and good riders are.
Treat a lady like every other biker. With the respect that any rider deserves as we're all sharing the same thought of freedom and roadways.

So, ride on Minxy, put the episode behind you as you've probably met your share of cool guys while being out. Unfortunately, the a$$holes always manage to stand out from the crowd.
We need more female bikers!

F.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're still guys, farg... you can't deny yourself that! Guys will be guys, but the problem comes when guys act like inconsiderate a$$holes.
You're obviously not.
I may be pushing it.

These guys we're talking about were not only inconsiderate of another rider, they were being downright unsafe. That pi$$es me off. That would pi$$ me off whether minxy was a girl or a guy (especially a new rider).
It's just not cool.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Hey Minxy, welcome to the forum. Sorry you had an unfortunate experience like that. As everyone had indicated, it's a rare occurrence. As for how I treat other female riders, just ask my wife. She is one. I treat her like any other biker out there. Sometimes you meet some bad apples, but don't let it get to ya. Just be on your guard, and ride on.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 AM

well thanks guys youve been a big help as it wasnt nice to experience as a new rider like above said i guess if i was like you lot it would have been different as you lot would have been confident on bike so wouldnt have got scared where as i didnt know what was happening then i was scared that all bikers would do it because they must be able to tell im new

i did get her out yest to go out but shes dead lol i guess i left her 2 long she will b ok tho lol shes sat with my lil optimate just now supping his juice

fingers crossed

Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

What are the specs on your bike ? I don't mean the factory specs, but just your particular one. What year, mileage, things like that. A weak battery or one that tends to not hold a charge for a relatively short period of time may be an indication of the regulator/rectifier going out. It's a common issue for Honda's.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by idodirt
What are the specs on your bike ? I don't mean the factory specs, but just your particular one. What year, mileage, things like that. A weak battery or one that tends to not hold a charge for a relatively short period of time may be an indication of the regulator/rectifier going out. It's a common issue for Honda's.

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  67.1 KB

erm the miles erm i will just go look lol i will try and start her 2

right the miles are 35500

and shes dead no life at all wont even do the horn lol ffs shes in a mood with me for letting them lads be turds to me i did tell her i was sorry and would take her out if she worked but i dont think she belived me lol grrrr

Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Nice bike ! Sorry it won't start, that sucks. Good luck with getting it all straightened out. I like the stealthy black on black.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by idodirt
Nice bike ! Sorry it won't start, that sucks. Good luck with getting it all straightened out. I like the stealthy black on black.

thanks i will just hook her up again i think its something deeper then just the battery i think something is draining it

Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long has it been since you rode her ?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster
How long has it been since you rode her ?

about 3week i was a little weary so i wouldnt get back on her

then after these comments i thought i'll try but now shes mad with me tut

Quick Reply: How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?