CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right update lmao

BIKE S.O.S said its a valve .............. he put hand over cylinders and felt it was loosing compression and said £100 for his mercanic 2 fix (not too bad)

my cbr racer friend said................... if a valve get rid and get new bike (which i cant afford atm) and said theres noway a valve job will cost only £100 and he thinks im being ripped

now as i see it ........................... i have a bike that doesnt work and would like it fixed asap ........................ so i am thinking of taking the S.O.S option and hope what do u all think im really strugglin i will spend money on bike up to about 1000 but i think anymore and i may aswell save some more and get new bike but the poss of anover cbr would be slim as there prices are high i got a bargin and im starting to see why lol

well thats what it is up to ........................ still dead and not sure what to do now lol

Old 05-11-2009, 05:54 AM

Ok Minxy, I think you should get a second opinion, if Dean0 is willing there be no harm in letting him have a look.
£100 does seem cheap for a valve replacement from a qualified mech, knowing what they can charge for the hour. But personally I wouldn't scrap her, it's not a terminal fault. I had a quick look on ebay and found this , not sure if it's the same year/model but gives you another way to look at it.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mo777
Ok Minxy, I think you should get a second opinion, if Dean0 is willing there be no harm in letting him have a look.
£100 does seem cheap for a valve replacement from a qualified mech, knowing what they can charge for the hour.
I agree - £100 seems really cheap - Guess has to be plus parts.(Top end gasket set + valve + new clearence shim)

Or they are havin a giraffe and the problem is an easy fix to which they will relive you of £100 for 10 mins work.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

I was in your posistion over a year ago now - couldn't get my bike to run and had no money to get it sorted.

Not only did Deano fix it for me - he taught me how to balance my carbs myself so that when I had ££ I could buy my own balancer and keep it running sweet (Which I did about 6 months ago)

He's a top bloke and you should really take him uup on his offer

Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds fishy to me...Need to get a compression check still.

Get Dean0 if he is willing. I'd be over, but there's that whole million miles apart thing...

Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dean0
I agree - £100 seems really cheap - Guess has to be plus parts.(Top end gasket set + valve + new clearence shim)

Or they are havin a giraffe and the problem is an easy fix to which they will relive you of £100 for 10 mins work.
yes thats what im worried of .................i just dont understand if engine is that bad why do they both want it?????

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
For gods sake Minxy .....let Deano or one of the guys give you one more non bias bloody opinion.(.maybe using a comp gauge this time ...)

put his hand over it ???? 100 to fix it ??? shheeesh!! gimmy a break ...
i know they both do it that way they said they just know i would have deano here

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster
Hi

I was in your posistion over a year ago now - couldn't get my bike to run and had no money to get it sorted.

Not only did Deano fix it for me - he taught me how to balance my carbs myself so that when I had ££ I could buy my own balancer and keep it running sweet (Which I did about 6 months ago)

He's a top bloke and you should really take him uup on his offer
i want too i think it needs to be looked at by someone who isnt after a cbr600 engine lol for a honest opinian im bound to make mistakes its a learning curve lol

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Sounds fishy to me...Need to get a compression check still.

Get Dean0 if he is willing. I'd be over, but there's that whole million miles apart thing...
lol awwwww mwah if only i had a plane............ mind you if i did the engine would prob go on that to with the luck im having i have 2 cars and a bike and there all dead and before you say it no i havnt killed them all lmao

Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
LMAO.. you want a plane ? with your current engine batting average ...............altho i think you would be great in a plane
hey Minxy...have you ever watched Air Crash Investigations ?? ...........oi you

PM Deano yu bratt and get this done with... lol

i have done but i think he said if two said its condemed then maybe no point so im thinking he wont be coming i am waiting on his reply but hes not online so i guess i will find out then as i am not sure atm

you twinky you xxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by minxy
i have done but i think he said if two said its condemed then maybe no point so im thinking he wont be coming i am waiting on his reply but hes not online so i guess i will find out then as i am not sure atm
Hmmmm - last night - nice weather, dry roads, honda blackbird & half the north west out playing on bikes.

Nah - stupid idea - i should have stayed in and come on line - *****

Minxy - you have a PM - lets get this thing looked at - and no, i don't need or want a 600 motor - haha

But it will cost you a brew !!