New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

lady riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lady riders?

hey im a total newb. havent even taken my rider course yet- (end of april), but ive been looking at the bikes id like to ride and always come back to a cbr.
someone on s10 forum sent me here. i was just wanting some girl to girl advice. is a 600rr really a good starter bike for someone with little/ no experience? too much to handle?
i really look forward to checking out this site thoroughly in the future! thanks for any advice
-jess

p.s. heres what im driving these days http://www.cardomain.com/id/jimmy2blazer yea i know its not a bike, but i understand you guys like pictures!

Old 02-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: lady riders?

Ok so Gretchen Wilson would be proud!! You ought to check the ladies lounge section for girl to girl advice but from a guy rider, the 600RR is NOT a beginer bike.....There have been numerious posts on starter bikes and where to start and on what but quickly to recap start smaller or older.....The RR is a rocket and not a forgiving as a new rider would need. Have you ever riden a dirt bike? Anything on two wheels? What about size? Yours that is....are you a tall girl? Short girl? The 600 rr has a high seat out of the shop. It can be adjusted but I know alot of female riders and most are short....lol....Just be sure you fit on the bike and if you dont fit square, even more reason to start elsewhere. Just my 2cents, I am sure you will get alot of advice from people here......

BTW Welcome to the site!! Enjoy yourself! and your right we do love pics, thanx for yours, and keep us up to date on the bike.....[8D]

Old 02-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Musichyp

... but from a guy rider ...
I'm sorry but that "guy rider" part just made me fall out the chair laughing dude Thanks!

And back to the theme -- I agree with Musichyp (not the guy riding part) about the 600RR. It's very quick and designed for experienced riders. Not saying that you can't learn on one but if you make one quirky throttle move you could end up on your hind end real quick.

Welcome to the site and check out the ladies lounge when ya get a chance. Thanks for the pics -- nice truck ya got there.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:52 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

I started on a 250 then moved up to the F4i. I was told that I rode the 250 like a 6, and when I rode the 6 it wasn't a big deal. My opinion start small...

Old 02-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

ORIGINAL: Musichyp

... but from a guy rider ...
I'm sorry but that "guy rider" part just made me fall out the chair laughing dude Thanks!
Anything I can do to brighten your day bro'! [8D]

Old 02-25-2006, 11:17 PM

welcome! starting out small like on a 250 is what a lot would recommend but i know quite a few people who started on 600's and they did fine. as long as you respect the bike and take it easy you should be alright! good luck on your search!

Old 02-25-2006, 11:40 PM

thanks for all the advice!! after i get the license ill be doing some more serious shopping and comparing

Old 02-25-2006, 11:51 PM

Hi Jess, welcome to the site! You will find lots and lots of good information here. I started out on a Ninja 250, then moved up to a VFR 700 and now ride a '02 F4i. I would recommend that you start out with either a 250 or a 500 to get your feet wet so to speak. As others have mentioned here, a 600 bike is alot to strap yourself onto especially if you've never ridden before. I rode dirtbikes and 4 wheelers when I was younger so had some experience before I bought my first street bike. You can always sell the smaller bike and move up when you are ready. I am trying to find my best friend (her name is Jess too!) a starter bike as well and I am recommending the same thing for her. Good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask lots of questions and be sure to browse this site for all of the good info it offers.
-Denyse

Old 02-26-2006, 07:51 AM

well all the advice in the world is useless if its not backed up by experience

out here in SoCal there's a coupla sportbike rental shops that rent out mid-size sportbikes made by all 4 manufacturers ($80-100/day)
if i were ya and looking for a 600 i'd go and try one on for size, take it out for a few hours at least, hit the streets, throw in some winding roads & canyons if possible ... basically sell myself on the bike before i actually go buy one for myself

Old 02-26-2006, 01:09 PM

where are these "sportbike rental shops" ??? never heard of them, all i have ever seen are "harley" or "bmw" rentals

Quick Reply: lady riders?