CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteHawk
Unfortunately there are groups of people who drink and ride, sounds like they had a few before seeing you (I bet you're attractive). However, you seemed to have kept your cool and stayed on both wheels, so I commend you for that Minxy.

=)

well thats silly drinkin an ridin ............well i know they were stoopid from all the helpful comments on here hehe

i always keep my cool unless my sparkplug gets snapped in bike lmao

(and they wunt know what i look like i wear full gear i just look like a black blob with silver head lol

Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dean0
Hey Minxy - when are you doing a "HOW TO" thread on changing spark plugs with a hangover - haha

Hope the birthday celebrations went well

no im gonna start one saying 'HOW TO GET DEANO HERE TO DO MI BIKE?'

HUMMMMM yeh that sounded better i think hehehe lol bday was poo my plan was 2 put battery on and go 4 a ride but that didnt happen did it lmao so thats how good it was lol i got 2 see my bike get broken more right infront of my eyes hahaha

Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 AM

Hi minxy, Happy Hangover/Belated Birthday. Sorry I'm a bit late on coming to the party but better late than never. First off I was sad to hear of your plight with the Gixxer's, I think you did well by holding your own in that situation and I've never come across that before with bikers, cars/vans etc yes, not bikes. I've reported quite a few number plates in my time for dangerous driving, if they only get a knock at the door I'm happy. Maybe get yourself involved with a local bike club, I'm sure there be a few in the Madchester area, check out Manchester Bikers or better still The Manchester Honda Owners Club.
Secondly, yer bike probs. I'm surrprised none of the Knights of the CBRForum haven't come to your rescue yet (nudge, nudge).
This wont help you any but it's free advice. If you cant do the job yourself make sure the person that is knows how to hold a spanner. I feel a lot better having broken something myself and not letting someone else break it for me

Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mo777
Hi minxy, Happy Hangover/Belated Birthday. Sorry I'm a bit late on coming to the party but better late than never. First off I was sad to hear of your plight with the Gixxer's, I think you did well by holding your own in that situation and I've never come across that before with bikers, cars/vans etc yes, not bikes. I've reported quite a few number plates in my time for dangerous driving, if they only get a knock at the door I'm happy. Maybe get yourself involved with a local bike club, I'm sure there be a few in the Madchester area, check out Manchester Bikers or better still The Manchester Honda Owners Club.
Secondly, yer bike probs. I'm surrprised none of the Knights of the CBRForum haven't come to your rescue yet (nudge, nudge).
This wont help you any but it's free advice. If you cant do the job yourself make sure the person that is knows how to hold a spanner. I feel a lot better having broken something myself and not letting someone else break it for me

the biker sos guy said the plug was faulty he said he's surprised we got it in 1st time

i dont care i just want her fixed hehe so we shall see tomorrow fingers crossed

please would bikers stop riding past me or in my vision or even if i can hear them because its making me really jelous grrrrrr hehehe

Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In that case I wont tell you my bike flew through its MOT (With an advisory for my bearings as expected)

did the plug snap on the way in or out ?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster
In that case I wont tell you my bike flew through its MOT (With an advisory for my bearings as expected)

did the plug snap on the way in or out ?

he was putting it back into the bike as he tightened it, it snapped its just the thread part thats inside

Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he was putting it back into the bike as he tightened it, it snapped its just the thread part thats inside
Wow... that sucks.
You need to try spraying around the plug with a penetrating oil (I like PB Blaster, but get what you can).
Then you're gonna have to use an EZOut on it. It's basically a backwards threaded screw that you can run in reverse to bite onto the middle of the remaining part of the plug. It can be a major PITA, but sometimes isn't hard at all.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, and it was probably better that it snapped on the way in rather than out. If it was on the way out, you're gonna have a harder time getting it out, whereas on the way in means it should come out easier.
Some light at the end of the tunnel, I suppose....

BTW, you may want to put a small dab of anti-sieze on the new plug, once you get the old one out. It will help you a lot later on if the threads got damaged a little bit during the extraction.

Also, there are other screw extractors that will work, not just the EZOut brand.

I wish you luck... it CAN be a bit of a pain. I've had 2. One on a car, one on a lawnmower. I ended up taking the head off the car, which is something I don't think you want to get into at the moment.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:47 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Minxy can you pop a picture of the remains of the plug that snapped , a picture speaks a thousand words so they say!

Quick Reply: How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?