CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  DSCN4971.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  DSCN4972.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  64.1 KB

see where it has snapped right at bottom on thread it is only the thread tho

wd40? on it? or what lol

Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 AM

ffs there big i forgot to reduce quality hahahaha ahh well at least u see it good hahaha

Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but still ...I would still shoot the dude that snapped it off to begin with !!!
Yep, then find a new personal mechanic!

WD-40 isn't exactly a penetrating oil, but by the looks of it, I don't think you should have a terrible time getting this one out.

Classic is right about it being good that the ceramic is all intact. That is a very good thing. Now it's just a matter of getting a little bite on the inside of those threads and easing it out of there...

Old 05-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Minxy, those are great photo's. It's amazing how many blurry photo's people will post up and then ask for an opinion. Everyone is right, this should be easy to remove. I just hope it didn't get stuck because it was cross threaded. That could end up being expensive to repair. Here to crossing my fingers that it's not.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM

its deffo not cross threaded it was a faulty plug it was weak at the base of the thread

im sure she will be fixed soon i have faith lol

Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, that looks to be a faulty plug. Should have been thicker than that.... although many have broken.
I still think you should fire the mechanic, though..

You should have her fixed in no time. If it was my bike, I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was fixed. Hell, if it was one of my buddies bikes, I still wouldn't sleep till it was fixed... Not that you aren't my buddy, minx, but you know what I mean. I'm just like that with cars and bikes.....just can't stop until it runs.... Unless, of course, they pi$$ me off real bad..then I torch 'em and move on.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, that looks to be a faulty plug. Should have been thicker than that.... although many have broken.
I still think you should fire the mechanic, though..

You should have her fixed in no time. If it was my bike, I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was fixed. Hell, if it was one of my buddies bikes, I still wouldn't sleep till it was fixed... Not that you aren't my buddy, minx, but you know what I mean. I'm just like that with cars and bikes.....just can't stop until it runs.... Unless, of course, they pi$$ me off real bad..then I torch 'em and move on.

hahahaha trust me he feels really bad about it and i made it worse by winding him up more i wont let him touch anything coz he will brake it he feels so bad about it its kinda making me feel tight haha ive put him through hell haha it should b ok by tomorrow if rain stays away hehe

Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Administrator - Retired

No worries.. Hope it gets fixed soon, so you can get her runnin' and get to riding again.
Keep us updated. I can't wait to hear about the PITA that this plug thread job is gonna be...
Just kiddin', it shouldn't be too bad....

Old 05-10-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
No worries.. Hope it gets fixed soon, so you can get her runnin' and get to riding again.
Keep us updated. I can't wait to hear about the PITA that this plug thread job is gonna be...
Just kiddin', it shouldn't be too bad....

yeh your not kidding..................no joy yet im trying to find this ease out tool but no-one sells them so the plug is still there

im just waiting to see if my friends mate has one i can borrow but if he doesnt i think im stuck and maybe get someone to do it hummm

Quick Reply: How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?