CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?

hello im minxy and was just wondering how you treat women riders as i am obviously one and experienced something i wish not to again so i was wondering how many of you do this

i was on a ride out with my friend on the back all was great ........... untill i was close to a rounderbout where i was needing to go full right

as i approched the give way (all clear) i went over with indicator on and as i passed the give way line 4 bikers come up behind me (i noticed them at the pub before the rounderbout i nodded but they ignored me)

as i was going round 1 came to me right side very close to me and one to the left and other two were front and back

as you can imagine i was wondering what they were planning they were edging me across the lane but i stayed firm in my lane then the one on my right cut infront of me my front tyre must have been just a few cm's from his rear tyre

if either of us had come off we would have gone over the top of the bridge and landed on the moterway underneath

my friend asked me to pull over and i asked if he was ok and he was really shook up i felt terrible as though it was my fault these lads made him scared

so are there a lot like this on the road or what?? please let me know

Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 AM

Sounds like you came across a group of a**holes.

To me all bikers are fellow bikers until they do something to prove themselves otherwise.

Don't care what age or gender the biker is.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 AM

well normally i have not had problems everyone lets on with nods or if u come across anyone when you stop you get to have a good chat

they all had gixsers so i thought well maybe it could be my bike (but with them both being sports i didnt understand)

it has made me very weary as i didnt expect it

i guess i will find out if it happends again when i go out again

thanks

Last edited by minxy; 04-29-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I agree 100% with CBRClassic.
They were just a bunch of a-holes. I wouldn't give it a second thought and it is NOT the norm. I'm sorry you had to run into these ******.
If I were you, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Most men are like cbrclassic and I, and won't put up with that shlt one bit. You just happened to run into a few little boys that are probably just insecure.
They were either trying to impress you, or trying to show you up. Either way, just Ride with confidence and don't even pay attention to them.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 AM

thanks lads i did un nerve me as i havnt seen it before i just assumed all bikers look out for each other as there is enough idiots on the roads in cars we dont need bikers to turn on bikers thats my opinian tho i s'pose

Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Minxy , sorry to hear your story , sounds like you were unlucky enough to come across some real immature jerks must have been a bit unnerving for both you and your passenger! Bad enough we have to contend with cars , taxis , HGV's you don't need hassle like that on the road.

If you saw these guy's at a pub maybe they're also thick enough to drink and ride , no excuse but a possible explanation for doing something so stupid?

Don't let it put you off , most of us out there arn't jerks and treat each other with courtesy regardless of gender/bike type. Stick around , you'll see.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Definitly not the norm. But there are immature males around that feel the need to use non-existant riding skills to impress any female rider they meet. They most likely thought you'd catch up to them and express admiration for the manly way in which they rode. Maybe even offer them some favors.

Idiots. And, as noted above, probably drunk idiots to boot.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Bikes / cars - you always get assh0les and whether your a bloke or a woman you deserve to be given the room you need.

Personally on the road I treat a lady biker, like a biker, end of

To be honest I ride like a girl anyway hehehe

I take it your in the UK ?

Quick Reply: How do you treat lady riders on the roads ?