Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

What to do when someone tries to kill you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Member & ROTM DEC 2012
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys.. im new here, but ive been riding for quite a few years.. my answer is one iveseen said a few times here and i agree.. ignore them. if it gets real bad, screw pulling a weapon.. and yes, i COULD do that, but the better response is to turn on your video..
i have a tiny action cam on my bike.. and then, you have proof.. people back down real fast when they know they are being filmed.

but i still say, Hacunamatata.. mr 4wheels can enjoy his rage filled, shallow existance.. i got 2 wheel peace and zen.. by the time i hit the next corner, im smiling again..

be safe guys

ill chuck in a vid just for good measure, if this was me, id have decided to have a quick break, cos wow, check out how many lanes this ute needs.. yikes!

i got taught, and i follow this.. theres no point in being right, if your also in the ambulance..

Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 AM
ROTM Oct 2012 & #1 Hurricane Streetfighter

This is a prime example of why my m&p .45 is mounted on my bike for easy access. Lord forbid i ever have to use it. But if someone is chasing me in a full size truck trying to kill me or anyone i am riding with i will shoot out there radiator then there tires as a simple warning. That guy should have been arrested for attempted murder.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you do know that the video you posted is of a guy on THIS forum don't you?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
you do know that the video you posted is of a guy on THIS forum don't you?
...and the driver of the truck went to jail for it.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
That makes me really happy, I saw that vid a while back and was infuriated

Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
ROTM Oct 2012 & #1 Hurricane Streetfighter

Thank goodness.......cause the guy in the truck deserved it.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM

im in atl and I try not to give a bad name to bikers. just try to stay ahead and be alert. ignore it if you can.

guns are great, but remember, no matter who's at fault, if that gun goes off, both the cager and and ur day is ruined if someone gets ur plate.

lots of traffic lights here are all equipped with high def cameras, im sure they can easily backtrack it to get ur plate. they are pretty strict here with the concealed plates, u can get away with concealing, but u will get caught sooner or later.

just get a feel for ur area before you try doing drastic stuff, if you give someone the birdie, make sure u run the next light. ignoring is the best
or

you can wait for your opportunity,

few weeks ago, a Guy cut me off at the last second for splitting lanes in heavy traffic, i swerved behind him and to his left to get out of his way, i let him get ahead of me,
he was obviously mad, i could see his face in his rear view but in traffic I was not gonna try anything. when it cleared up about 15 minutes later, I creeped beside up 30 mph behind him, gave his side view a good mirror shattering punch with my carbon knuckled gloves dropped her down to to first gear and Im gone.

crouching tiger hidden dragon ****,
he thought i forgot about him...hehe felt great tho, makes em think before they try some **** like that. just keep in mind to stay behind the person so they dont have any chance to get ur plate. cause if they do, its hit and run on ur part.

good luck, stay safe.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-26-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: language
Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I've always wanted to see the end of the video when the police arrived to see how it turned out. Glad to know he got what was coming.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy F guys, U have some seriously messed up people there... All of the times I have gotten into a situation even close to those have been because drivers have not, for some reason seen me. Being a truck driver I have instinctively learned to not drive in the "blind spot" and always make sure the drivers see me, in fact I always tend to drive a wee bit over the speed limit. Illegal, I know, but I think that's safer than have a car dangling off my rear tire... There are a few places when I'm at work a little vigilante wakes in me. There are several places where a two-lane road changes into a one laner right after traffic lights, if I see a car (usually an audi) gunning it in the left lane to cut in to pass a few cars, and I get the chance, I instantly drive right into the rear bumper of the car in front of me. This usually results in the cars driving behind me instintively to team up and seal the gaps in the line leaving the pr!ck sizzling in the end of the ending lane. Justice is served.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM

It's happened to me before, I've been riding through a town near me where it's three lanes, two opposite direction and a center turning lane.

Around me idiots always cut into the turning lane and then switch into the normal lane when they get a chance, I can't stand that but whatever...can't do much about that.

So one day I'm minding my business and see that there's a truck across the road waiting to pull out into my direction, and I can tell he's going to pull out because it's that position I hate getting into where my line of traffic that I'm "leading" is coming up on another one and there are a few car lengths between us. Plus there was a light ahead.

The guy rips right out to avoid a car in the other lane, doesn't go into the middle lane like I somewhat expected and just darts right into my lane.

So, I rev my bike a little and hit my horn and when we get to the light I pull into the left turn lane and go past him. As I do that he looks over and rips out of his lane and pulls in behind me and follows me like 2 feet from my tail for the next mile or two in town. Finally I get to a traffic circle, drop a gear and get low. I was able to get away from him and put some cars between us and he finally stopped chasing, but it was scary for sure.

I ride with my GoPro on my helmet most the time because I make MotoVlogs (FromARidersView - YouTube) hehe, but that day I didn't think to turn the cam on, I should have gotten his plate and reported him, probably would have gotten him in some trouble.

Be careful out there guys, it's not a joke, some people just really hate us and it can take just a little thing to set them off.

Quick Reply: What to do when someone tries to kill you?