Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

What to do when someone tries to kill you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a week or so ago, i was headed through town around 10:30pm, and a car going the other direction threw a cup of soda from mc donalds out the window at me. it landed on the road 5 or 10 feet in front of me. i went from 40 to 0 in less than a second, had the bike spun around, and back up to 70 in no time to catch up to them. was a car full of little teenage punks. i chased them down a couple side streets, as they tried to evade me, but i pulled along side them at a stop light and started screaming at them. everyone in the car pointed to 1 kid in the back who kept appologizing and asked if we could settle it and be cool. i told him we could settle it, and told him to get out of the f'ing car. the driver then attempted to take off. i yelled to them that id call the cops if they left. they backed up to me again and the kid got out of the back seat and was practically balling his eyes out. i then told them to get the f outa there and if i ever saw them do something like that again they would not get off nearly as easy. they dissapeared real quick!

but i should also add that where i live, the kids love to act all big and bad till someone decided to come back at them. then they get all scared. they are all talk around here.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM

This type of behavior in the States seems to have gotten worse.A lot of idiots and the way people act not only to bikers is just crazy. In traveling in and with traffic,in the last week I have had two occurrences where the car driver looked at me, then promptly tried to run me off or crush me between another car. I just look out for them. From my "day" I would carry the ball bearings, but I stopped doing that when I realized that my reaction in using them could cause the car driver to crash potentially hurting another driver (I would be long gone). Thing is with violence you have to be prepared to carry any incident all the way. I watched two car drivers yelling at each other,then pull into a gas station and fight right there in the daylight in public. On seeing that I realized how silly -ridiculous it looked and vowed it would take a lot for me to be one of them for a traffic incident.Don't get it twisted, back me into a corner and I promise swift and devastating violence, but I try to stay away from that,it's simply not worth it,even when you win.I cant make any predictions if I or my bike are touched though....and no Virginia, you wont catch me....
I had a similar incident in morning traffic where the freeway was a parking lot and I did take the median side to keep moving. Bike getting hot, just sitting there and so on. One driver threatened by moving partially into my path,I used his now vacated spot to still go around him (blew him a kiss ) others were honking like I was stalling them by doing that and yes I was moving to the front of the line to get off and take an alternate route. In Colorado it's illegal but WTF ! I am out of your way you are closer by one car length and I am not blocking your progress. One thing I do though is not go more than about 5 miles faster than they are. That way I have time to see what they are doing and not committed to an ever changing situation. These days there are many hit and runs even on people and cars so I reason they would hit me and keep going. Just be careful, stay on yellow alert at the least and watch them.
I was thinking to start a blog using a chart to measure how many times per ride someone tries to kill me

Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 PM

i dont live in a huge city, and rarely take my bike to any.. so i dont have many real heavy traffic situations, but i still have people get pissy with me at one certain intersection where i turn right to head to work. the right turn lane is VERY short, and the line of cars there is ussually too long at a red light to be able to get to it with a car. also, its a very long red light. so i cut between the cars and the shoulder to get to that lane. people always honk at me or yell at me, but ive even passed a cop there a couple times and they never did anything to me.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 AM

I keep a glock 17 mounted where I can get to it. Most of the time when someone does something to try and kill me I try to get away from them. No matter what I can do with my hands or with my weapon, they are still in a large moving vehicle. Not too long ago someone tried to kill my wife and I.They kept trying to brake check us in to the back of their mini van. Most likely it was an angry man with his family. There had been a fireworks show ten minutes before that and they were coming from their. He was probably jealous that he has to drive the loser cruiser around. They live in my neighborhood. I know because they pulled in a few minutes after we did. I have been looking for the house. You can see my skid marks on the road where the event took place. It was a bad deal for sure. I thought about passing them in a passing zone then changed my mind. That made the driver of the van angry and he proceded to try and wreck us. Most of the time when people see that you are armed they back way off. I have shot a radiator before. It was many years ago in Georgia. Fun Fun Fun

Old 09-01-2012, 10:12 AM

I had an old guy.. like 70, cut me off as I was lane sharing just before a border patrol checkpoint last summer.. he did it deliberate too.. I could see him in his big truck mirrors watching me.. I knew something was up cos he was really concentrating on me.. then just before I got to the bed of his truck he swerved over to block me..or knock me off..whatever he was thinking. I'd already slowed / nearly stopped before I got level with him though, I just waited till the traffic started moving and he had to straighten up, then pulled up and shouted at him by his window.. he didn't seem to care, he was just pissed that I was moving (slowly) and he wasn't.. I think thats really sad! Had a young girl do the same a few weeks ago but she was just on her phone.. she really did nearly get me though.. I waited in the traffic and when she got level I tapped on her window and told her to put her f*%king phone down... what did she do? Pretended she was busy with her phone and couldn't see me.. go figure. I took a kids mirror off years ago, a little Metro (back in UK) it was obviously his mums car by the stickers/mirror hangers.. he was showing off with his mates and blocking me so I punched his mirror clean off as I got passed him.. I regret doing that now cos it's a dumb thing to do.. but hey..young / red mist and all that...

Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I have smacked a few mirrors with my hand here in Italy. Each time it was because the driver wasn't paying attention. Italians usually don't maliciously try to run me off the road...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 AM

ive been in this kind of situation at least ten times or so this past year. each time i handled it differently. if they beep the horn and cuss at me cause im squezing by, i tell em to **** off, give em the bird ect.

if its by accident i beep the horn and shake my head at em. some times give em the finger and just keep going.

if they purposly almost hit me by being wreckless then i will kick the **** outta them and their vehicle. if they are driving or acting in a way that can harm me i will retaliate period...i will defend myself and hope that i dont ever get shot or run over.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 AM

Honestly man, I been in a similar situation, in my ABU's and this guy obviously cut me off. He pulled up next to me at the light and was straight up sticking his middle finger up at me out his window shaking his head... I was like WTF?! But I agree with the sentiment that if it can be ignored, ignore it. ESPECIALLY you and I, full ABU's, we have an image to uphold as cheesy as that sounds, but we do. If its that serious, grab his plates if you can and report him, but I would ignore him, who cares....

Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I don't ride off base in uniform...that way they won't know I am in the military. If they are acting retarded on base, I get the plate number and find out who thier first sgt is...

Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 AM

Problem with retaliating with violence is that in the eyes of the law it will always be your fault. You look at those videos and the biker kicks the car first, thus taking the verbal to the physical, he has become the instigator of violence and will be punished whether he thinks he is in the right or not.
Me, I'm a big softie and I ride primarily by paying attention, I very rarely have trouble with cagers as you call them and if I did I'd back off, keep a safe distance and concentrate on getting home alive, if they knocked me off my bike I'd expect an apology and an offer to pay for the repairs. I have ridden stupidly before and pissed off cagers but it;s never came to anything. The first time I accidently knocked someones mirror whilst filtering (which is legal in the UK) I tried to find somewhere to stop to see if I'd caused any damage but being on a duel carriageway there wasn't and I got impatient to get home so I just blasted away. I felt guilty about that for ages. At other times people have noticed me sneaking up, filtering through the traffic and they have moved over so as to prevent me from passing, but I just wait for the cars in the other lane to naturally create a gap and I'm through anyway. I mentioned this to a friend and he told me that if they do that to him he will get past them and pull in in fron of them then ride really slowly holding them up and create a large gap between him and the traffic in front, if it's on the run up to lights he'll wait till the lights have been on green for a while and all the cars in front have passed through them then he'll gun it up to and through the lights just before they change thus providing and even larger gap between him and his aggressor.

Quick Reply: What to do when someone tries to kill you?