Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

What to do when someone tries to kill you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something's you shouldn't do.....

Flip them off,
Kick their door in,
Kick their mirrors off,
Continue to their destination and find out how tough they are with no cage,
Follow them home, flash your side arm and make it appear you are taking notes for future use,

That kinda thing.

But I'm older and smarter now.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wagzhp
^ This!

Until you actually talk to the other person, you have no way of knowing what is going on in their head (and sometimes you don't even after talking to them...).
i get what you and estate are saying here, but 'having a bad day' is no excuse for trying to injure someone on the road.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:57 AM

The best thing you can do in any situation like this is to remove yourself from it as fast as possible. Like that video of that lady driving into that biker. could have been avoided if he had just removed himself from someone who was obviously dangerous in the first place to get that close to him.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup...it sucks but road rage is indeed a problem here in the states...especially with guns in the car...you on your bike...

Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
Here's something's you shouldn't do.....

Kick their mirrors off,
It might end up like this

Biker vs Van Driver Fight - YouTube

Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sjona2011
i get what you and estate are saying here, but 'having a bad day' is no excuse for trying to injure someone on the road.
I totally agree. Such an action is inexcusable.

I'm just saying we should be careful that we aren't "pouring gasoline on someone else's fire". I was always taught that you don't poke someone with a stick if you aren't willing to get poked back. In today's world there is no telling who is stressed out or on the verge of road-rage, or what kind of a weapon they might have within their reach. If a situation can be avoided, it's almost always best to avoid it. If it can't, make sure you brought the right "stick" and know how to use it.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:35 AM

I had a guy in a new silverado cut me off today just to get around the car in front of him and then into the turning lane. I was sooooo pissed. thanks god I paid attention when I learned emergency braking cause it could've been a bad day. Generally if I see someone driving like an idiot I get as far away from them as I can. My biggest pet peeve is people that ride my butt even after I speed up and flash my brakes.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:21 AM

Holy....
That's when you smash in the window with helmet.
Also why I started carrying a knife. Ignorant drivers, never know what you'll encounter.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two words... Ball Barrings lol

I was riding down the highway and it had two lanes. The right lane was closed due to construction and people were trying to come over to the left lane. I was between two cars traveling at about 35(because people decide to stare at construction for some reason) and a car sped up next to me and tried to bully his way in. I was only taking a car length between the car in front of me and the car behind me. He was yelling at me to slow down so he could get in but the person behind me was on my tail. After the second time of him crowding me I yelled back at him to stop. He then tried again. I kicked his mirror off of his car(looked like a brand new corolla).

My suggestion is to survive. You cant do much when you weigh less than a 10th of what there car weighs but a boot to the side of it will tell them your not going down easy lol

Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM

I agree with both sides of the argument but would love to see one of those idiots on a bike and us in a car just to show them how scary it can be. Some bikers do give us a bad name for being **** though.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-26-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: language

Quick Reply: What to do when someone tries to kill you?