Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF IS IT COMING TO

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF IS IT COMING TO

Maybe he was working undercover damn
doubtful. they would not have a uniformed cop that close or in plain viewto an undercover operation. cop was either dirty, stupid, or lazy. first guesses are usually the best.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 AM

good citizens such as your self HC are protected by the good samaritan law in the sense that you could have made a citizens arrest. I still would have done what you did regardless of what that cop said.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:05 PM

I think you did what you felt you needed to do in that situation. How were you to know if they were undercover? If they were, I think when you took the first one to the ground, the other two would have jumped in to do something, along with the cop who did nothing but tell you to move on. I think when you went to the cop and explained the situation, he should have given a more professional response other than I'm off duty, call it in. How many times do you see off duty cops in street clothes help out in all types of situations? I think you should get that cops name and mention something to his superiors about how he handled the situation with you. Good for you for not doing something

Old 06-15-2008, 03:40 PM

Why didnt you do what the officer told you to do? How do you know this guy was dealin drugs? He couldnt have been making transactions with a police officer standing so close. Unless this was times square

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 PM

hmmm... im impartial...

cop was probably lazy.. big surprise.. humans are lazy..

so some guy was selling drugs.. you need a cape and a homosexual uniform to go doing something about that problem..

just think you are getting heated over something thats insignificant.. a drug dealing is mostly a non violent crime (minus large scale dealers) so why get heated and waste your tax dollars putting him in jail.. go hunt down the guy who beat his wife and hasnt paid child support. IMO..

either way.. good citizen you are.. i wouldnt have thought twice.. unless he had sticky nugs..

Old 06-15-2008, 06:15 PM

Sadly off duty officers get in trouble for do on duty things. But he should have called someone.

If something is wrong ALWAYS take a pic. A picture is worth more than words.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:17 PM

The bad thing is if he went to jail, we would be paying for his free living.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Manowar Vin

Why didnt you do what the officer told you to do? How do you know this guy was dealin drugs? He couldnt have been making transactions with a police officer standing so close. Unless this was times square

The better question is why didn't the officer call it in for me and **** no it wasn't the middle of town square, but it was broad daylight, openhanded exchange. Or are you questioning my powers of observation hell Reconnaissance is based on the power of observation

Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM

hardcorp even said he had to walk next door to the other gas station to get to the officer, so the deal did not happen too close to the officer.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

The better question is why didn't the officer call it in for me and **** no it wasn't the middle of town square, but it was broad daylight, openhanded exchange. Or are you questioning my powers of observation hell Reconnaissance is based on the power of observation
True, the officer should've done something even off duty couldve called it in. Probably only an officer as his "job" and not really caring about making a difference. I don't question your observation. I was just wondering how long you must've been watching this guy to come to that conclusion. He must've been busy. I really don't bother with other peoples business unless they are making a ruckus.

Quick Reply: WTF IS IT COMING TO