Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wreck in april

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wreck in april

this is a play off of 420cbr's post, I didn't want to thread jack. But back in april, i was on my way to school at 730 am. Stopped at walmart to get some dip. before i left, i put my helmet on and wasn't going to strap it up since it wasn't a far ride to school. then out of nowhere 1 shopping cart out of maybe 5 or 6 rolls in front of me and stops. recognizing a sign when i see one, i strapped the helmet on. so, close to school now, a car pulls out of a gas station while i'm in the left lane. no big deal since i'm in the left lane. Then she whips into the left lane in front of the car in front of me. no signal, no nothing. the she ducks into a break in the median to pull a u turn. again, no signal, just brakes and her doing what she wants without regard for anybody else on the road. well, her *** end is hanging out into traffic while she decides that pulling a u turn in heavy traffic at 730 in the morining is a good idea. the car in front of me was slowing down, so i in turn slowed. then i heard it. the car in front of me locked his tires up. i was aware of all of this happening. i had left a good distance between me and him so that i would have a way out if something like this were to happen. but when he locked em up, i closed the distance quick. i had three options, two of which ended with me hitting him by either jumping on the brakes or laying it down. i took option 3 and tried to move into the right lane. that's when my left clipon hit his taillight and sucked the bike into the back left side of his car bouncing the bike down on the right side. i went up and over landing on my right side in the right lane. realizing that i was in a lane of traffic and not knowing where the bike was, i got up and walked out of traffic. he pulled into an entrance to a school and called the cops to report it. i heard him say that there was a motorcycle involved. that's about the time i walked over and picked up the bike and pushed it to the same entrance he was in. then i heard the sirens. motorcycle accident...they probably thought someone was dead. I had my helmet, jacket and gloves on so i didn't end up with much other than my pride being hurt. broke both levers and the bracket that hold the right side footpeg on. so she wasn't ridable after that. (she is now, though there is still cosmetic damage on all fairings.) when the cops showed up, they asked me how fast i was going. "i don't know. i wasn't looking at the speedo, i was watching what was going on in front of me." they asked how far away from the bike i landed. "again, i don't know. i knew that i landed in a lane of traffic and needed to get out of there as soon as possible, so i walked out of the road." everybody was just happy that i wasn't really injured out of the whole deal. so was i, obviously. But people do stupid, stupid things on the road without regard for anyone else. Just another cautionary tale to, hopefully, keep you guys aware that you need to keep your head on a swivel out there.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Default RE: wreck in april

Morale of the story: dont buy dip.
Im kidding, that sucks man. I hate idiots like that and really wish they eventually run themselves into a guardrail or something and put themselves in life or death kind of crash (only them) to knock some sense into their empty heads that what they do is dangerous and can hurt or kill people. But even that wont teach them that a fender bender for them is a motorcyclist skidding down the road on his *** at 45 mph, or being run over.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Is good that you are ok., but i feel sorry for your ride... have any pics of it? [&:]

Old 08-22-2008, 03:50 PM

**** man, im glad you are ok!! Flip yeah this idiots are everywhere.

Here in South Africa, in the week a 18 year old tried to make a U-Turn on a freeway!! He was carrying 2 guys (10 and 11 years old) in the car with him. A taxi carrying about 20 people slammed into the driver side of the car killing the 2 young boys and leaving the drivers in a critical condition. Flip man imagine this was on a breakfast run on a Sunday or something. Where are the popo when people are doing this stupid stuff, cuz they always seem to be around when we are popping wheelies or weaving through traffic.

Sorry to Thread Jack, I'm just giving another story to your story...

Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered Users

how did he get to type all that.... i cant type a complete sentence most of the time...

Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah guys i feel your pain. In other big cities in Texas ive been in they have a motorcycle awareness campaign with signs on the highways and radio commercials. I think every state should mandate something like this. Im not all up on the gov't having more say in peoples lives, but i think something like this is fairly nonobtrusive and if it saves some lives or prevents a few injuries im for it. Beats having my tax dollars going to other meaningless govt projects.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM

Recently, i moved out of moms basement and into an apartment. And being a broke college student, i can't afford to get the internet so i use it at school. I'll get some pics up sometime soon. It's all cosmetic damage at this point. Damage to ALL of my fairings, but really not that bad. I still ride it, though. Nothing wrong with a little road rash. It gives her character.