Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over

A buddie of mine and myself got pulled over tonight he on his R1 and me on my 929... we got stopped for doing a wopping 41 mph in a 35 zone i told my buddie we should have told the cop we were sorry our hands slipped off the brake.... anyways he just blue lighted us and pull along side and told us to slow it down...lol

Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Default RE: Got pulled over

Good thing he didn't give you guys a ticket. Some cops are meticulous about these sort of things. I think they should have like a rule of thumb for speeding... like 13+mph over speed limit earns a ticket or something.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:37 AM

I did 85 in a 60 and they pulled me and a harley over [:@]

The cop was cool as hell and said "I didn't think you guys were racing because you have a crotch rocket and he's got a harley...and you guys bump heads"

Rode off without a ticket doing 59mph the entire way home

Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 AM

lol...i watched my friend get a ticket for 67 in a 35 on one wheel. There were four of us behind him we got to laugh the whole time the cop was chewing his ***. not to mention we live in a small town and the cops hate us anyway. he wasnt real nice about the deal.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and Hamster got pulled over doing 85 in a 65. Not a single car in sight (until he turned on his lights). We pulled right over and he was cool about it. Told us to slow down and gave us written warnings. So pretty much, the next 200 miles of our trip was EXACTLY the speed limit. We were passed by big rigs, old people and mini vans. Oh the shame!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the worst weekend as far as run-ins w/ the cops..........and it wasnt even b/c of me for the most part [&:]. one cop was following me and two friends down a back road, it was a 30mph road so of course w/ him RIGHT behind us we were doing 30/35........he got on his loud speaker and said "hurry up mother ****ers! im trying to go get lunch!" hahahaha, we were like .......wtf!!!!! we ended up seeing him at a gas station later on that night and he was AWESOME, lol. talked to him, and he checked out our bikes for a good 20mins. he told us he wanted us to take off so he could chase us in the car, and he wouldnt have done anything........"i dont care if you guys are out speeding, aslong as you're not doing like 140.....you'll prob just get a warning. we're more worried about the guys coming down from Baltimore w/ the pieced together stolen bikes that are packing the fairings w/ drugs and running from us, aslong as your bikes are legit and you have a M endorsement.....you'll usually get off w/ a warning".

BUT, earlier me and three friends (same day [:@]) got pulled over b/c of a friends tag being improperly mounted. we had FIVE COPS BEHIND US!!!!!! one cop came up to me (i was the only one in gear) and in the cockiest attitude and....yes, w/ his fingers in his beltloop said to me "why you wearing all that ****, aint you hot!?"....."we'll sir, i'd rather sweat than bleed"......"****, all that does is protect your skin so you can have a open casket".....(now up until this point i was polite, i ALWAYS am when i am pulled over...but now he was being a ********)....i just told him "whatever"......and ended my conversation w/ Mr. King of Calvert Co.

oh, what a weekend [&:]

Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 AM

^Well you do want nice looking skin when you die don't you? I'd hate to have to have scars all over my body when I die years from now

Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, in PA, if you are going under 55 mph and your speed is less than 10 mph under the speed limit (as recorded by some by some device other than the speedometer or Radar) , then you would normally be able to win in court. Giving a ticket at that point would really be a waste of time. Better to slow your butt down, then risk an accident, though, and for that, it's not a waste of time to pull you over.

Pennsylvania Law: (EDIT: http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/vehicle_code/index.shtml)

Title 75 Chapter 33 ยง 3368 Speed Timing Devices
(c) Mechanical, electrical and electronic devices authorized.
(4) No person may be convicted upon evidence obtained through the use of devices authorized by paragraphs (2) and (3) unless the speed recorded is six or more miles per hour in excess of the legal speed limit. Furthermore, no person may be convicted upon evidence obtained through the use of use of devices authorized by paragraph (3) in an area where the legal speed limit is less than 55 miles per hour if the speed recorded is less than ten miles per hour in excess of the legal speed limit. This paragraph shall not apply to evidence obtained through the use of devices by paragraph (2) or (3) within a school zone or an active work zone.

Paragraph (2) applies to radio-microwave devices which can only be used by the Pennsylvania State Police. Paragraph (3) refers to the measurement of the average speed between 2 points through some other sensor driven or device.

This excludes the measurement by the cruisers speedometer, for which they need to follow you for 3/10 of mile or more.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:35 AM

I've never been pulled over on my motorcycle

Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

i usually ride really "safely" but i was on my bike and my gf was following in her car and we were doing 75-80 on the turnpike in a 65... i saw lights coming from afar, so i took off... first time ever riding like that but if you do 15 over then you can get arrestedso i just ran and exitted and hid for a few mins and took backroads home. I dont plan on being in that type of situation ever againwhat a rush and i was scared as **** the entire time... ya for now on its no more than 10 over limit...

Quick Reply: Got pulled over