Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bad wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad wreck

I was driving home from work today and 2 motorcycles come flying around me at about 90-100mph one was a gixxer and the other was a 600rr. we came to the top of the hill and started going down and then a nissan pick up truck making a u-turn pulled right out in front of them. the rr hit the back of the truck doing at least 80 or so and the gixxer swerved and layed it down. his bike must have slid 150 yards down the hill. i stopped and helped out as much as i could, the gixxer rider seemed to be okay but the rr rider was pretty bad off, he was breathing though.(they both had helmets and some gear) i stayed untill the ambulance and cops came and took them both to hospital. it just made me think about things. and how quickly things go bad. and i just wanted to share the experience.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing they weren't speeding so they could have some time to react.......

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 AM

I watched the news and it said police are probably giving tickets to all 3, the truck for a unsafe u turn and both bikes for speeding. the speed limit on that street is 40mph

Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 AM

I hope the guy ends up being OK!

Last summer I was walking home from work (about 5 miles) when a couple sportbikes flew past me well over the speed limit. I thought to myself "man I wish I wouldn't have sold my bike." About 20 min. later a bunch of cop cars flew past me with sirens blaring. Sure enough one of the bikers slammed into the back of a truck sending his passenger/wife through the back window of the truck! His wife died and he barely lived. By the time I made it to the scene the only thing I seen was the carnage of the bike and truck and a person under the white sheet.

I know nobody on this site speeds or races on public streets. However, hypothetically if you were to, please do so outside of town on streets that aren't well traveled and NEVER do it with a passenger. I know girls ask for rides all the time and it is human nature to want to show off. Don't end up like the guy above!!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. I know how looking at an accident/crash can make you think. The good thing is that they were wearing gear. However, the bad thing is that they either were showboating, showing off or just riding on the edge for no reason and that just makes bike riders and the like look bad. There is no way that a 40MPH street/road should be traveled at a high rate of speed like 80MPH.

Whether that street is a residential street or not, speed limits are in place for a reason.

I hope that both the riders and you will be fine. My prayers to all of you.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 AM

This thread made me think...

I was out riding a bit last night with a couple of my buddies, one rides a 2008 zx10r, the other a 600rr. We were on the local highway at about 9-9:30pm or so. I had just gotten off work, and they came by to see if I wanted to go on a little ride with them. I thought, "What the hell?" so we rolled out.

Before we got started (they have both been riding longer than me) they said "Don't do anything you're not comfortable doing." Which had been my plan anyway, but I expected them to be going nuts with stunts and speeding, etc.

We ended up just cruising (the speed limit it 55mph, but most traffic drives about 65-75) at about 50mph most of the time, and on an open stretch they would drop it a couple gears and do a little wheelie. I would just downshift and give it a little extra gas to stay close.

Now my question: Do you guys think riding like this is significantly safer than bombing down the road at 100+? I would think so, it allows the rider much more reaction time and open space in front, but I would like to hear the opinion of more experienced riders than myself.

By the way, I have no intention of jacking the thread. Just interested in experienced riders' responses.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:57 PM

dammm i hope the riders are ok, and it shows what speed can do

Originally Posted by xcrunr1647
This thread made me think...

Now my question: Do you guys think riding like this is significantly safer than bombing down the road at 100+? I would think so, it allows the rider much more reaction time and open space in front, but I would like to hear the opinion of more experienced riders than myself.

By the way, I have no intention of jacking the thread. Just interested in experienced riders' responses.
I think it is absolutely safer... seems like your riding buddies have good heads on them, most sport riders exceed the limit and do dangerous things sometimes, but the important thing is to how know when and where so that the risk is lower and others are not endangered. Seems like your buddies understand this pretty well

Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 PM

I hate to hear that.... never want to see a rider down.