Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why do we wreck so much

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why do we wreck so much

Is it the way we ride, the bikes we ride or other people? I have been reading back in the archives some and the one thing that stands out the most are the number of wrecks compared to the number of members on this forum. I wrecked earlier this year and at that time it seems like there were a rash of wrecks going on. That was in the late summer, so i can understand more bikes on the road=more wrecks, but it still seems like a hell of a lot accidents.
SO what do y'all think the root cause is? I wonder if people who ride cruisers have the same number of wrecks or if its just us?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Why do we wreck so much

i am willing to bet so. i think it all comes down to quite a few factors all playing on each other. First and foremost, visibility. We are smaller, so we are less likely to be seen; especially with a lot of traffic and action going on. Second, I would attribute a lot of it to the way people ride. You have to keep in mind that half of the people you read about going down dont involve other vehicles, just happens when you 'play' on the road.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say (at least on this forum) that more like 75% crashed under our own faults.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I would say (at least on this forum) that more like 75% crashed under our own faults.
[&o]+1

Old 10-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

the way we ride
Sometimes we forget that even though bikes are fun, they aren't toys.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 PM

We don't

Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 PM

I would agree. Also, I think its the fact that our bikes are a lot less forgiving than anything. One simple mishap, and your down. Very hard to accurately correct a mistake without overcorrecting and falling/losing control.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

We don't

Laconic and laser-accurate. lol

Old 10-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say if no other vehicle is involved its a far higher percentage ..single vehicle accidents are operator error just about everytime .. vehicles dont just "go out of control"

I remember a conversation I once heard between two middle aged women, one was talking about her sons car accident ..the other asked what happened and she answered "oh apparently it just went out of control" ..to which the other replied "oh its horrible when that happens!!" ..I am like WTF, cars just dont go out of control ..I felt like saying you mean he lost control by doing something silly or not paying attention ..vehicles do not "just go out of control" so there I am going along on my bike at 50mph straight road and all is well but at the back of my mind I am praying it does not go out of control ..lol

I crashed my bike last month and it was ALL MY FAULT!! ..for various reason but no one is to blame but me ..

Jules

Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM

I don't know what you mean by "we"

I haven't crashed...nor do I plan on it. (but who does)

Quick Reply: Why do we wreck so much