Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

ORIGINAL: jaynd

thanks rangerscott! i've been doing quite a bit of rain riding/cold weather riding lately, so i really gotta start looking into some rain/cold gear. i just worry that it'll be too bulky and making riding a bit hazerdous. plus i dont want to NOT wear my normal riding gear, so i need stuff to either fit under, or over the gear i already have.

thanks for digging up a pic
Underarmour cold gear to go under. Stuff is awesome. Costs a fortune but its really really tough and very warm. Ive got the pants, long sleeve shirt, and a balaclava to go on my head under the helmet. Check that stuff out too

Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

for those who think they are doin their body a favor for not wearing gear because its hot out. Facts are your body will cool itself better with it covered than not. Just wearing your icy hot stunta T you are dehydrating even if it doesnt seem like it. Wearing even the lightest of mesh jackets out(which is only good for 1 crash but better than the lame t-shirt) you are keeping the sweat on the body to cool your body. And if you think 'ah its just road rash' you obviously never had any to amout to anything.

Thats also true with animals. Thick coated animals actually stay cooler with their fur on and not cut off.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse95gt

thanks rangerscott! i've been doing quite a bit of rain riding/cold weather riding lately, so i really gotta start looking into some rain/cold gear. i just worry that it'll be too bulky and making riding a bit hazerdous. plus i dont want to NOT wear my normal riding gear, so i need stuff to either fit under, or over the gear i already have.

Underarmour cold gear to go under. Stuff is awesome. Costs a fortune but its really really tough and very warm. Ive got the pants, long sleeve shirt, and a balaclava to go on my head under the helmet. Check that stuff out too
thanks! i've got that balaclava thing.....i tell you what, out off everything that i can put on to bundle up in the cold, THAT thing is what saves me! i can go out completely bundled up and leave that at home on accident and freeze my *** off! but that simple thing protecting my nose/chin/neck, really saves me!

thanks, i'll look into that uncerarmour aswell!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Flightmedic954

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

oklahomasexual? classy..
I thought it was funny too
& I have a pretty good idea if what full gear in okla summer is like
regardless... that comment shows your true colors.. lack of class..

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse95gt

getting all that fer xmas

Old 11-15-2007, 09:59 PM

+2 on the balaclava. I have two of them. One thats thin like underamor for the head and then thick cotton for the neck. The second one is from the army surplus and its 100% polypropylene.

Here's my pants. They are size medium (31-34) and just me they aint even close to being 31, way bigger. LOL They have straps at the bottom feet area to close them up.

Tag on them states:

Trousers, extreme cold weather, impermeable

Basic fabric: 100% nylon
Stock No. 8415-00-575-1230
Contract no.: DLA100-79-c-3010

Size: medium (31-34)
1) This trouser, made of coated material, will provide protection against cold and cold/wet windy conditions when exposed for long periods under low activity levels (i.e., watchstanders).

2) Close leg adjustment (take-up) straps to eliminate drafts. Open to ventilate.

NOTE: The braid side loops are provided for use with Suspenders, Trousers, M-1950, stock numer 8440-00-221-0852.

Guess I need find the suspenders.

I also bought these drawers. Extra warmth.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

+2 on the balaclava. I have two of them. One thats thin like underamor for the head and then thick cotton for the neck. The second one is from the army surplus and its 100% polypropylene.

Here's my pants. They are size medium (31-34) and just me they aint even close to being 31, way bigger. LOL They have straps at the bottom feet area to close them up.

Tag on them states:

Trousers, extreme cold weather, impermeable

Basic fabric: 100% nylon
Stock No. 8415-00-575-1230
Contract no.: DLA100-79-c-3010

Size: medium (31-34)
1) This trouser, made of coated material, will provide protection against cold and cold/wet windy conditions when exposed for long periods under low activity levels (i.e., watchstanders).

2) Close leg adjustment (take-up) straps to eliminate drafts. Open to ventilate.

NOTE: The braid side loops are provided for use with Suspenders, Trousers, M-1950, stock numer 8440-00-221-0852.

Guess I need find the suspenders.

I also bought these drawers. Extra warmth.

army drawers lol those bring back memories lol

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: fuze

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

ORIGINAL: suicidal

i mean, how much more are my jeans gonna help? Not much.

+1. i ride with out a jacket every now and than, i did today, a grand total of 6 blocks. and about the pants thing, im looking into getting these. maybe this will make my jeans a lil safer haha

I have those, i wish i could make them tighter my skinny chicken legs barely fit them.
I have decent sized calfs (I'm 5'9"-10" and 200lbs) and I have some trouble making them tight on the bottom. The bottom strap seems kinda poorly designed. I bet I could get a strip of velcro at Walmart and have my old lady make it fit better. Other than that, they go under my jeans well and are barely noticeable. I've worn them for hours at a time and they are fine to walk around in and will provide good impact protection for your knees and calfs. If I had a choice to buy them again, I definitely would.
cool ima probly get them next week, ill be sure to try them on 1st though, im pretty short so my cafs are pretty good sized, im pretty sure they will be able to hold them up.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator

I also have the Joe Rocket UFO, and it is great. I can pull out the liner in the summer or zip it in during the winter. I don't have to ride my bike for transportation (yet [&:]), but if it is a REALLY hot day, I will chose not to ride. I must say though, that even in 90 degree weather, Ifeel fine as long as I am moving...I have to get out of town pronto! If it is above 100...I stay home, drink a beer, and stroke it to a good movie .

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 PM

'Unfaithful', oldie but goodie Diane Lane, mmmmm

Quick Reply: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??