Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

BTW Hatebreed they work great and will fit under most boot cut jeans. Once again speaking from knowledge.
actually just ordered half of my early xmas presents... some really sweet new gloves, and instead of the icon leg armour i went with the alpine star ones, i tried on my buddies, and for 25 compared to the 65 for the icon, i couldnt resist... the other half of my xmas present. gold did 520 chain, and gold fasners...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hate breed where @ for 25?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:23 PM

i got it from motorcyclesuperstore. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ee-Guards.aspx

Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Hatebreed if I'm not mistaken, the Alpine Star doesn't offer the same level of protection as far as the lower kneecap coverage. But I could be mistaken as far as a pair of jeans go. Have you looked at the Draggin Jeans I have several pairs of them. Here is a link to them http://www.dragginjeans.com/default.aspx

Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: Gville George

I have been wearing my jacket pretty religously latly, but it has been nice and cool out so its not bad. most likely when florida summer comes around i will find my self in a Tshirt once again.

I dont see the need to bash people for riding in a Tshirt as long as they are wearing a helmet. a jacket wont save your life, it will just spare you from some of the pain of a crash.

I have had a few friends go down at high way speed in T shirts, yeh they were ruffed up and it looked painfull as all get out, but they lived and heeled. The most important thing is a helmet and some common sense, worry about that first.

See people just see the part that they live. What about the hospital bill? Your down time from your job? Pretty sure insurance doesnt cover stupidity.
Hospital bills suck, true. but insurance does cover stupidity. I can still work if i am rashed up, it wont be fun, but i can do it. getting scraped up from a 30mph spill probably shouldnt take you out of work for very long no matter what you do, (unless you have a broken bone or head injury, something leather wont help you with)

I know this goes against the status quoe of the forum, but its not like I am saying screw the gear, ride in your Tshirt all the time. but its alittle over the top calling someone an idiot for not dressing like a moto GP racer every time they want to take a run to the store down the street in the middle of summer.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I have been wearing my jacket pretty religously latly, but it has been nice and cool out so its not bad. most likely when florida summer comes around i will find my self in a Tshirt once again.

I dont see the need to bash people for riding in a Tshirt as long as they are wearing a helmet. a jacket wont save your life, it will just spare you from some of the pain of a crash.

I have had a few friends go down at high way speed in T shirts, yeh they were ruffed up and it looked painfull as all get out, but they lived and heeled. The most important thing is a helmet and some common sense, worry about that first.

See people just see the part that they live. What about the hospital bill? Your down time from your job? Pretty sure insurance doesnt cover stupidity.
Hospital bills suck, true. but insurance does cover stupidity. I can still work if i am rashed up, it wont be fun, but i can do it. getting scraped up from a 30mph spill probably shouldnt take you out of work for very long no matter what you do, (unless you have a broken bone or head injury, something leather wont help you with)

I know this goes against the status quoe of the forum, but its not like I am saying screw the gear, ride in your Tshirt all the time. but its alittle over the top calling someone an idiot for not dressing like a moto GP racer every time they want to take a run to the store down the street in the middle of summer.

I beg to differ on the quickly healing.

One of my dad's customers blipped his throttle to do a wheelie and he hit a patch of water. He was road rashed from the back of his neck all down his left side to his ***. It was nasty. He would put tons and tons of lotion and vasoline, but it would stick crack and hurt like hell he said.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deng were on pg 7 already. good thing we didnt post about LONG SLEEVE t-shirts. you know that a whole different animal.[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 PM

^^^ Haha! I prefer the v-neck long sleeve. That way I get the cooler air down my chest but keep the unrivaled protection of cotton covering my arms.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

^^^ Haha! I prefer the v-neck long sleeve. That way I get the cooler air down my chest but keep the unrivaled protection of cotton covering my arms.

The hair on my chest keeps me warm and safe.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Banned

Let's also not forget, to stay on subject, that the good majority of new owners don't have sufficient funds to acquire a ton of new, or used gear. Stuff gets really expensive when you start talking complete coverage.

To most people that means spending money to get everything licensed, endorsements, insuarance, possible minor maintainence, etc.

It's a lot easier to let a bike sit because it doesn't have a license plate on it than it is to let it sit because you don't have leather.

Suffice it to say that any serious rider would acquire these things eventually, but it's impossible to believe damn near anyone around would just let their bike sit on a sunny and 86 degree day just because you don't have leather and expensive jeans. That's kinda snobish, some folks can't afford that stuff right away.

Quick Reply: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??