Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

To call someone an idiot for not wearing gear every time they hjop on their bike is a bit presumptious.

My point wasn't that his opinon will change, rather he would have more experience to base his opinons from. Until you've ridden through every type of weather, you never know how you'll respond to it.

I wear gloves, jeans and boots EVERY time I ride. I figure this, if I go down/get hit, the only thing leather will do is prevent road rash...

Wounds heal and chicks dig scars.

Again, remember the probability is low that you'll ever be seriously injured on a bike. It's not much different than a car. In fact, I was reading some statistics once that showed you were more likely to **** yourself from being drunk than being in a major vehicle accident. Do you wear Depends every time you get hammered?

Don't get down on people for not wearing full gear, get down on them for riding like idiots.

Choose your fights.

Like this guy? http://www.break.com/hotrod/please-t...at-hotrod.html

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM

oklahomasexual? classy..

Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Well I know when it starts to get cold, people start to wear gear.

I bought some kick *** over pants from the army surplus. Brand new too. They are that wind resistant material (with a coating) on the outside and the inside has a thick layer of nylon (looks like wool). It even says "extreme cold" on them.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Well I know when it starts to get cold, people start to wear gear.

I bought some kick *** over pants from the army surplus. Brand new too. They are that wind resistant material (with a coating) on the outside and the inside has a thick layer of nylon (looks like wool). It even says "extreme cold" on them.
how much did they run ya? looks like i'll be riding my bike through the winter as much as i can. from the waist up im usually pretty well bundled up. its my legs that get a bit chilly. if you know of anywhere online to get those, let me know.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

oklahomasexual? classy..
I thought it was funny too
& I have a pretty good idea if what full gear in okla summer is like

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM

$40 I think. They're dark green so they're ok with my black jacket. Let me get a pic of them.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks rangerscott! i've been doing quite a bit of rain riding/cold weather riding lately, so i really gotta start looking into some rain/cold gear. i just worry that it'll be too bulky and making riding a bit hazerdous. plus i dont want to NOT wear my normal riding gear, so i need stuff to either fit under, or over the gear i already have.

thanks for digging up a pic

Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
OJ

For your info. I live in Australia. I ride when it's 40 degrees Celcius. Which is 104 degrees fahrenheit. I wear Joe Rocket UFO mesh, Textile pants, gloves etc, etc. It ain't comfortable that's for sure, but safety first. I'm 49 years young and am way too old for skin grafts. LOL)) But by the way. I just saw a ******** riding a Harley in an open face helmet with no glasses or goggles, sleeveless singlet, shorts, sandals (no socks) and shorts with NO gloves as well!!!!! Oh ****. What an absolute totally brain dead fool. Cheers.)))

Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

for those who think they are doin their body a favor for not wearing gear because its hot out. Facts are your body will cool itself better with it covered than not. Just wearing your icy hot stunta T you are dehydrating even if it doesnt seem like it. Wearing even the lightest of mesh jackets out(which is only good for 1 crash but better than the lame t-shirt) you are keeping the sweat on the body to cool your body. And if you think 'ah its just road rash' you obviously never had any to amout to anything.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OJ
I wear Joe Rocket UFO mesh, Textile pants, gloves etc, etc. It ain't comfortable that's for sure, but safety first. I'm 49 years young and am way too old for skin grafts.
But skin grows back, leather doesn't!
j/k

Quick Reply: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??