Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

ORIGINAL: rangerscott
The hair on my chest keeps me warm and safe.
A mans man.................that's hawt!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Let's also not forget, to stay on subject, that the good majority of new owners don't have sufficient funds to acquire a ton of new, or used gear. Stuff gets really expensive when you start talking complete coverage.

To most people that means spending money to get everything licensed, endorsements, insuarance, possible minor maintainence, etc.

It's a lot easier to let a bike sit because it doesn't have a license plate on it than it is to let it sit because you don't have leather.

Suffice it to say that any serious rider would acquire these things eventually, but it's impossible to believe damn near anyone around would just let their bike sit on a sunny and 86 degree day just because you don't have leather and expensive jeans. That's kinda snobish, some folks can't afford that stuff right away.

Well boo hoo. Thats part of owning a bike. Thats like owning a super charged vehicle and you cant afford the right octane gas so you put the cheap stuff in. That like nasa building a space shuttle and letting the guys get on without their space suits.

I compare helmet/jacket with wearing your car seat belt. Do you wear you're seat belt? If you do than why not where a jacket. Its the same thing, its a body saver.

I had a friend die driving his pickup and he went thru the front windshield and the pickup landed on him. He probably would have survived if he'd had his belt on.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well boo hoo. Thats part of owning a bike. Thats like owning a super charged vehicle and you cant afford the right octane gas so you put the cheap stuff in. That like nasa building a space shuttle and letting the guys get on without their space suits.

I compare helmet/jacket with wearing your car seat belt. Do you wear you're seat belt? If you do than why not where a jacket. Its the same thing, its a body saver.

I had a friend die driving his pickup and he went thru the front windshield and the pickup landed on him. He probably would have survived if he'd had his belt on.
emotions emotions... you had me until the seatbelt/jacket-helmet comparison. true they might both save lives but last time i checked seatbelts were free and attached to the vehicle unlike jackets and helmets.

dude has a point about people not knowing how much more extra cash they will need after the purchase of a motorcycle, and so do you about its part of owning a bike. but in some states as im sure you already know you dont need to wear either while operating a bike. so you just gotta take his post for what it is and his opinion. sorry about your buddy but it sounds like you are trying to push your views as a law.[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 11-20-2007, 08:51 PM

Rangerscott's got a valid point though. It just doesn't seem right or smart to ride wit out some protective gear. It might not be law to wear a helmet or a jacket but it does seem sensible...............................right. If U don't have money to buy proper equipment then U might not be ready to "operate" a motorcycle. Personaly I bought a jacket, gloves and helmet (in that order) before I bought my first streetbike. So to me it wasn't a wim or a fad, it was a "investment" to my first streetbike and my only life.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

Personaly I bought a jacket, gloves and helmet before I bought my first streetbike. So to me it wasn't a wim or a fad, it was a "investment" to my first streetbike and my only life.
Exactly. I even, uh, kinda, slept at night in my new helmet because I loved the way it smelled and how it felt. And this was way before I finally got a bike. I would look in the mirror and pretend to be a storm trooper, flip the visor open and closed, but it never crossed my mind to get a bike first, gear later, that would be silly.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 PM

i didnt say he had an invalid one. i agree with that and as i stated it was just the seatbelt comparison. im telling you even though he was correct and on the right path, in court a simple slip up like that can cost you the case. and it is sensible but you wont get ticketed for not wearing a jacket anywhere like you would when your not wearing a seatbelt. so therefore if its not a law expect people to do it, and even if it was expect people to do it.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 PM

If I owned an insurance company and a biker crashed and wasnt wearing a helmet. He wouldnt get a dime for the health part of the insurance.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 PM

Dont own 1in Florida.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 PM

If I owned an insurance company and a biker crashed and wasnt wearing a helmet. He wouldnt get a dime for the health part of the insurance.
I hear that. I wouldn't pay shat for people wearin Ts and party hats. Accidents happen but injuries are even worse when U dress illresponsibly.