Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To those who crashed before

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

The gear didn't cause the accident, no reason to forsake it. When I ran into the back of a mini van I didn't stop riding my bike because I didn't trust the brakes anymore. When I almost high sided at the track that turned into a super nasty and long tank slapper I didn't stop using the tires because they had let go on me. When you make a mistake do you stop using your head because its failed you in the past? Of course not.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is completely mental I believe if there is no way you can get over the link between the jacket and the incident then replace it. But at the end of the day you have proof of protection because it worked and I'm sure it will work again. The mind is a powerfull thing let that jacket be a charm, an impenetrable jacket with history and experience. Ride hard sister

Last edited by Sprock; 10-06-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Yum's a sister rider Bro
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I had a leather jacket that I slide down the road in. I out grew it and had to get a new plain jacket without the cool guy marks. I somehow felt demoted.

Maybe I think differently but I would love that jacket of yours. It's your friend now. It was there for you. Maybe if it were all marred up and it made you look tough you'd feel different about it.

out of everyones different opinions in this thread.. this is the one that hits home for me most..
a little backround on me first: ive had more than a half dozen serious accidents.. my left ankle is plated so is my right arm. a through bolt in my hip and during the last accident, by far the worst : three broken ribs, puncutured callapsed lung shattered hand with a dozen screws holding it back together.. oh and three days in a doctor ordered coma.. if i owned that jacket it would be either on my back today or if unusable, nailed directly on ther wall next to my bike, actually reminding me that what i where and how its worn can and will save my life..
aside from my opinion and thats all it is!! i agree with a couple of the other guys.. do whatever it takes to shake any jitters you might still have.. thats more imporant than anything else, your frame of mind, everytime you head out..
jay..

Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Member & ROTM DEC 2012

just out of interest.. may we pleasenow the brand of your jacket and pants?

thats about the best advertisement ive herd for gear in a while.. seriously. a truck?! wow..

may i also say, i agree with the above.. if you dont feel good putting it on, youll end up uncomfortable and unfocused..

and WELL DONE on not letting this stop you from riding Yumi. that shows a dedication and love that i think will heal all else.. and id be proud to shake your hand and buy you a drink anytime.

ride safe, and free Yumi. Respect.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Since this thread was woken up, I will give you guys update. I still have the jacket, although I did get new jackets, (don't mock me, I love shopping) AOX leather in black and white. And I just got textile Dainese when I went to Philly. Thanks to Kuroshio who took me to Revzilla.

The jacket that I took with me to ride in Philly and AC was my original Scorpion Nikki jacket that I was wearing when I got into accident. I don't have the weird feeling about it anymore. It just feel like...home in a way. But AOX leather is much softer and comfortable than Scorpion and now I like this black/red Dainese which is perfect for hot Hawaii sun and my bike/helmet/jacket has uniform look.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

totally like the new look.. like you said it really does pull it altogether perfect..and just wondering i should have asked you in your other thread but actually really belongs here.. are you back to riding full time again.. hows your arm??? can you go a good distance without it bothering you.. when i had my accident my right hand used to get numb, fairly quick too.. anyway its alot better now a bunch of years have passed... anyway compliments on the new gear... it looks really good...
jay

Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM
August 2011 ROTM

My wrist is not painful but now the pain is up in the arm underside and on the top. Fingers are still semi numbish. Arm pain can come even if i am just sitting and doing nothing. But If I ride for 30 mins or so, I will feel it too. It is in a way good, because it reminds me to take the pressure off and use my core to support my body.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hell ya, lookin' good yum

Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
And I just got textile Dainese when I went to Philly. Thanks to Kuroshio who took me to Revzilla.
No worries, Yumi. My wallet is still giving me ugly looks whenever I drive by Revzilla tho

Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
August 2011 ROTM

mine keeps calling me....