Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supermoto Progress...

Hey thanks Elmer!!!

Yeah I'm going with a +/- 0.001" for clearances. It shouldn't be too far off even still, but I got my new feelers today so we're all good to go...

Did I say good to go? Grrr... lost my allen wrench for the crankcase cover bolt for finding TDC! I hate **** sometimes, now I gotta wait for a buddy to get home for work lest I go buy yet another wrench I already have hiding somewhere.

Leveltwo - Yes sir! Street tires are going on it (buying a spare set of wheels to make it a true 20min. conversion process). If I end up liking the supermoto feel, I'll end up shelling out some serious dough for 16" wheels (they're the size of an F3 front and rear, just with spokes and expensive as all get down).

Thanks for looking, I got the fender on and recorded the idle with stock cam, pics to some in a bit...

Old 04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

If I had a dollar for every time I've said that...actually, no, if I could have back all the money that I spent after saying that...
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Well aren't I just a poor planner...

Having only skimmed the manual for steps, I skipped over the part about using a press to get thesprocket flangeoff of the old cam, and pressed onto the new one. I went to the Dirt Shack real quick but they were already closed for the day. All I need is a friggin' vice, but then I would need somewhere to mount it...

Anyway, I got the front fender on, rear should be here tomorrow and I'll have the cam installed tomorrow as well. Here are some pics so far...

New front supermoto fender...
Name:  HPIM1267.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  117.5 KB

Awww... look at dacute lil' cam chain and even da cute wittle cam... (sorry )
Name:  HPIM1268.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1269.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  103.8 KB

Rockers look normal...
Name:  HPIM1270.jpg
Size:  80.9 KB

Overall the top-end looks fine.A buddy thought rings might need to be replaced since I can kick it over without the decompression lever. After doing this job, I realized that the stock cam comes with a decompression lobe that allows lever-less kick starts. And the lever itself is truely a, "hot-start."

In any case, I'm sure I'll tear into the bottom at the end of the season, hopefully I won't have to before then.

One other thing, I was getting some misfiring in the trails last weekend. Today when I got my plug wrench from Honda I found out that the cold plug was installed, not the OEM. The colder plug is for high-performance riding, where the hot plug is for trail type riding. In any case I snatched up a new one of each and I'm thinking that plug may make the difference. Could be a simple carb adjustment too, I guess.

Heh, we need a supermoto forum. I'm going to bore you guys to death, I suspect, lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM

Is this the same bike???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2fh...eature=related
if it is, just don't wash the seat... lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

Gawddamn. [&:]

The best part of the whole video is that she totally knew what the hell she was doing. Hawt or not, I'm not waiting for you princess *** to get it in gear when it's time for off-road riding, lol. See ya...

nice vid.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM

KidCr3nshaw
Date 4/30/2008 5:08:42 PM

Gawddamn. [&:]

The best part of the whole video is that she totally knew what the hell she was doing. Hawt or not, I'm not waiting for you princess *** to get it in gear when it's time for off-road riding, lol. See ya...

nice vid.
I will... to see all that? mmm yeap, i'll wait for you babe!!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Got the moto kit from Motostrano today - I knew it was a 320mm rotor but DANG that thing is huge... and trick looking too! Also the SS front brakeline is Goodridge (sweet!) and it's got a Honda red loom around the center - very cool looking. Should have all the stuff on the bike today (at some point). Still waiting on the rear CRF450R fender, should be here today, too.

Thanks for watching it's about to pay off. I'm gonna be rocking Supermoto at days end

Name:  HPIM1273.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  HPIM1274.jpg
Size:  78.9 KB

Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

For reference, that's a 45 tooth rear sprocket next to the rotor. The 929's come standard with a 330mm front rotor... this thing is BIG. I'm curious about trail riding with it on, to be honest. Prolly swap it back and forth when I go dirt to street.

This rotor is larger than an F3's and an F4i's. Pretty cool.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:30 AM

Damnit, I think that I'm more anxious to see this thing together than you LOL. That's my dream enduro that your building...I look forward to the next few days.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Kid- you shold see a cam out of a CRF50. Talk about small.

Quick Reply: Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")