Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supermoto Progress...

Looks sick! Especially that front brake. How well does it stop?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:26 PM

It should stop like a champ. Looks good KID. I like the tires.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:07 PM

I think u need to get the fork guard/sheild things, wut ever the kids are calling them these days. it look pretty trick. great project you got going here, looks sooo much better with those street tires on there.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Banned

Usually those fork guards are for inverted forks. They make them for standard forks but they look silly at the top of the fork - much better looking at the bottom.

Yeah that front brake straight sticks. I thought about revalving but more than likely I'm just going to find another set of forks (prolly inverted too ) and triple. It'll add some time to the practical conversion from streetto dirt but oh well.

I can see that this may become a new obsession so the next bike might just be with supermoto in mind. We also have a road course opening here in 2010... yeah I know, we'll all be on Goldwings by then, lol. Should be fun.

Thanks for looking - yep, she's a lot of fun on the streets ,been riding all friggin' day!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Banned

Finished the brake line a little while ago, I also removed all the stock stickers on the tank since they were all gnarled up. Looks a lot better and I plastered the rear with stickers. I'm thinking about getting a Honda CRF racing sticker kit or something.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks good n like fun

Old 05-03-2008, 11:42 AM

bout time for some new exhaust and make that thing purr!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

Oh she purrs...

I think I had the idle up a bit high, I lowered it to about 1500RPM's and now you can definitely hear that cam, very cool sounding!

I've done quite a bit of research on these bikes and everything I've read says that an exhaust is one of the last things to do, more importantly, it should only be done aftercarb upgrade or you'll see no difference.

So far there's been an airbox mod done to it and I think because of that it's running a bit lean, which is probably what was responsible for my backfiring the other day in the trails. Gonna go adjust it now...

I'll have pics of the new SS line and cleaned up tank in a bit.

In any case, she's a romper! I wish I could figure out what the deal is with capturing video from my camcorder. For some reason WMM won't import the video - gonna figure that out today too

Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 PM

that looks really cool man. i dlove to be able to wheelie around with the dirtbike type balance point.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM

VERY nice.

that thing should be a blast to ride.

I wonder if Honda would buld something like that from the factory? Seeing as KTM has 3 Supermoto type bikes on their lineup, and Ducati brought out the HyperMotard

Just a thought to further differentiate yourCRF from a run of the mill dirtbike...

One of my coworkers gat himself an XB12X Ulyses bout a month ago, but had the front fender (dirtbike looking thing) replaced with the front fender from the XB12R Firebolt (Sportbike hugger looking thing) and it TOTALLY transformed the look of the bike.

I'm wondering if that look would work on your CRF....??

Quick Reply: Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")