Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supermoto Progress...

What?!?! They got a yosh pipe for them ****s?!!?!?!

Dude, you gotta hook it up with a pipe

Old 05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Yeah, and they're not any cheaper... [:@] Thought I was going to save a few bucks this time around... wrong.

Yeah just need to settle on a decal kit. I wanna plaster the whole thing in racing decals. The pipe will prolly be one of the last things I do. Gawdamn things are friggin' expensive. Even more expensive when you consider a $300+ pipe will be going into the trails...

Thanks guys, sunny and 80 here so I'm hitting the parkways! Ride safe!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM

I think I paid about $800 for a FMF Factory4.1C W/ Power Bomb header.I love that exhaust. Makes a 250 sound like a 260!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Lookin good Kid.. looks like it could be lots of fun

PS: Something to ponder on is there are NO trails for that in these parts of NY

Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned

That's coolNY because I realized something yesterday...

These bikes are a TON of fun in congested city-driving. It's a friggin' blast and I get more people looking at me now than ever on a sportbike, that's good for at least one reason!

It really is a perfect city-moto. I can see where a smaller displacement (such as the 400) could use water cooling in heavy traffic but still, I only hit around 200 for a minute or two yesterday only once and it was like 85 degrees so I think she'll be just fine

CBRCRF - lol, funny. Yeah that shiite is crazy expensive and to be honest, even with a carb a pipe will never do for my 4-stroker that it would do for your 2-stroker.

It's funny though, I get a lot of other bikers look over, see me and turn back. When I crack the throttle and hit corners they look back, lol. I think most people just think it's a dual sport, and to be honest it truely is at this point, BUT, it's not your typical dual sport, she runs hard and is light as a feather.

I also did the little RedBull mod, lol. I painted the rear brake plunger mount and exhaust shield black - I think it looks much better. I'm going to be painting the clutch/stator covers probably next week with the oil change. Gonna paint the frame and exhaust then too, I think... here's some pics...

Name:  HPIM1299.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  HPIM1301.jpg
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1308.jpg
Size:  103.7 KB

Kinda hard to get the black parts to show up... sorry, lol...

Whoops - wrong pics! Got 'em fixed

Old 05-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered Users

hey kid when you paint that bad boy up it will look sweet...i mean it looks nice now...but a new bit a paint on the scuffed up parts will make that thing a picture of beauty...awesome job! i love seeing it transform...haha

Old 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Hey Northern I missed your question...

I'm not sure, but I'm gonna see if I can find out - I'm curious now...

Okay, what I'm seeing is it's about 90% street / 10% dirt, lol. I can tell you though, I've had it in dry trails already and so long as there isn't any mud they're great. They do get a bit squirlley in mud but it's kind of fun, too, lol.

So far I've got no complaints on they're effectiveness on the street - I've got little strips but it's far too early to grind 'em off just yet. Still trying to get the feel of it under heavy front load in the corners - it DOES however pull like a sumbitch out of corners when I'm hanging off, it's a friggin' blast man!!!

Okay, the girl is almost finished getting ready and we're gonna head out for the day.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Thanks FFingers!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

What do you guys think about black-painted wheels with silver spokes? Black frame, black exhaust... black front fender... I think me likey!

The best part is I can do all this in a single day and still ride it same day, lol. Do that with a CBR, lol...

Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Black wheels looks great! My friend has that on his.

Mine is a CRF (4 STROKE). It was an amazing difference when I threw on the exhaust sytem, Jet kit and K&N air filter. Throttle response was kill. And it had more power down low (Without re-gearing). I want to do the cam shaft next. But the CBR is being a attention *****.

Did you ever get a hold of my friend for the rims?

Quick Reply: Supermoto Progress... (cleaned up and "finished")