Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

People that own bikes and don't ride them-Why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: People that own bikes and don't ride them-Why?

I try to ride mine as much as possible. But my job requires me to drive my truck every day. So that only leaves nights and weekends to ride. And all my buddies who were going to get bikes never did. So I fly solo all the time.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM

i hate to see a bike just sit and no one ride it....

What a shame....and a waste of money.....

Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM

For some people like that its a matter of time and convenience. When they do
have the urge/need to ride, its there.
My friend has a PERFECT condition 954 that comes out once in a blue moon, but it's mainly
due to the fact he has a wife a 2yr. old and a baby due in just 3 days. I just have me my truck n my bike,
I have nothing but time to ride and he has none.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:12 PM

But all the same, even if you have kids, if you're not whipped as F%$#, you can get out a day a month at the very least, and ride it to work when its nice. That'd put a few miles on it over a full summer, or a full year in the case of these socal bastards (not derrogatory against socal guys, you're just bastards cuz you can ride year round. that and the chicks in bikinis thing)

Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM

my biggest pet peev is the guys who take the bike out and drive it right to a parking lot and park it, thats so ghey, basically they are posers like what PLAYFULGOD said

Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Yeah my dad has a 1988 Honda shadow vtwin 800. He only has 13,000 miles on it!!!!!! Damnit man... I've had my bike 2 weeks now and granit the weather has been pretty nasty here but I still has 550 on it. I ride as much as I can if the weather permits!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 PM

I don't ride to work becasue the feeway I have to take is just crazy and stop and go and that is just not fun on a bike-plus I have to dress nice for my job-I work in an office, but if it's nice out i ride just aobut everywhere else I can. I don't mind freeways or traffic, but reallyI almost get hit every day in my car.

I love when people say they don't have time to ride well you have time to run to the bank right or just going form place to place so take the bike if you don't have any large cargo. If I did ride to work my bike would have alot more miles then it doesn since work is 27 miles one way and I do that 5 days a week.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM

just one of those things. I have a couple friends that rode all day every day for a month after they bought their first bikes and then started riding less and less over time. Commuting on a bike gets old to me. People try to run you over, carrying stuff is a PITA, and bad weather that pops up makes riding miserable plus just riding in traffic on sportbike that will easily do 150mph is almost depressing. I can definitely see why some people lose interest without more excitement.

Notice that it doesn't happen as often to people who ride on the weekends for fun as much as it does for people that just ride to get from one place or another.

I don't ride my street bikes that much for that reason. I spend most weekends racing or getting ready to go racing and spend my weeks working so the only time I get to ride my streetbikes is riding in town at night or commuting type stuff. Kinda kills the fun of riding doing that kinda boring crap on nice motorcycles.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM

At my old Job, I rode my bike everyday it was going to be nice...or if the chance for rain wasnt all that great....and there were about 10 guys with bikes, you would see them in the parking lot maybe 1-2 times a year....I never understood, some guy told me he wanted to keep miles down on his bike and I replied "I boguth my bike to ride, not look at" and he just laughed, I put about 4k miles on it in 2 months, this year havent got to ride as much but still get out every chance I can

Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umbraged! I feel umbraged.When your using your bike as your main transport, its easy to crack up the miles, ok, I've had bikes since I got my learners permit in 1968 (gawd thats 39 years). I rode to my work every day, one where I did a round trip of over 160 klm per day (about 100 miles) & I did that for 10 or so years, the route to work was along one of the best bike roads in Oz. But some of my other work had me commuting through **** loads of traffic into the city, so wot started out as a nice pristine bike, (and I was not doing lots of miles) soon ended up as a "hack", having to park it in all sorts of places, rain, & city crud, & crawling along at a snails pace, soon takes it toll. I got lucky and was able to pull the pin with work & retired 10 years ago. So not comutting anymore lets me choose when I ride, so low clicks, its not an imperative for me to ride every day, but when I do, I enjoy myself, just as much as the next guy.
Granted their are people out there that just get bikes to pose & trade up when the latest 'n' greatest come out, I've seen lots of bikes like that in the dealers & lets be honest, its great to find a bike like that & buy it.
If I'm buying & walk into a shop & I see a bike with heavy miles & unless its as cheap as, I keep looking (Yeah, I'm a shallow bastard).
Just keep in mind that low clicks on a bike does not mean that the owner is a "Fake" biker, there a many reasons why bikes don't have lots of miles on them

Quick Reply: People that own bikes and don't ride them-Why?