Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The "Noob Drop"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I can say that I did the first day first drop thing. Its a HUGE church parking lot less than a block away from my house. So the second day after taking my bike to the parking lot practicing and getting familiar with it, I ride down the street and turn into my driveway and ride up to the garage and my mind blanked and I just grabbed a HANDFUL of front brakes and wham the bike goes down on its right side luckily for me it was right next to the grass and it didnt go down to hard. Since then I havent dropped it and I always remember a handful of brakes are never a good thing.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Senior Member and ROTM March 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's resurrect this ancient ditty with one last, and very WEIRD noob drop.

I'd just ridden home from work on my Superhawk, and parked the bike on the asphalt parking lot under the upstairs neighbor's patio. I go into my basement level apartment and begin playing a video game. 25 minutes goes by; I can see the shadow of my Superhawk in the window above.

I hear "CRRUNCH," and I look up, and my Superhawk's shadow above is missing in the window blind. I go outside only to discover that the asphalt where I'd parked the bike, which had never seen 5 minutes of sunlight, allowed the kickstand to punch through. The tipover did $3600 worth of damage to my bike. :-/

Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FOGeologist
Let's resurrect this ancient ditty with one last, and very WEIRD noob drop.

I'd just ridden home from work on my Superhawk, and parked the bike on the asphalt parking lot under the upstairs neighbor's patio. I go into my basement level apartment and begin playing a video game. 25 minutes goes by; I can see the shadow of my Superhawk in the window above.

I hear "CRRUNCH," and I look up, and my Superhawk's shadow above is missing in the window blind. I go outside only to discover that the asphalt where I'd parked the bike, which had never seen 5 minutes of sunlight, allowed the kickstand to punch through. The tipover did $3600 worth of damage to my bike. :-/
That sucks! When I was in college, they repaved my apartment's parking lot. In the Tallahassee summer sun, I barely caught my bike before it fell one day. It was about 2 inches deep into the asphalt. By the time I had moved out of there, the spot that I tended to park in had about 15 or 20 spots where my kickstand had punched through the black pavement...