Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorcycle Speakers.... Way to many choices! Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Skullcandy has good products. They are a good company w/ great customer service. I use the "Smokin Buds". Each set comes w/ 3 sizes of rubberized earbuds that you can fit to your particular ear size. Great sound quality + a volume control that is great when you don't want to remove the earbud but want to hear what is going on around you. I use mine on longer rides & trips w/ my mp3 player. I wear them for running, exercising, & riding. I'm on my second set (free replacement). After about a year of hard use w/ my first set, one wire came loose from one earpiece. I emailed the company for repairs. Skullcandy replaced the entire set for free within 3 days. Can't beat that!

I've tried Sony, Memorex, & others. None w/ the same quality or durability as the Skullcandy's. In fact, the Sony's were the worst. The sound quality was the worst of the bunch & no volume control on basic set. One side went dead after just a few uses. I contacted the company for repairs/replacement...only to get a response of "sorry, we're not responsible for customer breakage". Say what? I can't support a company that doesn't support its products.

I've gotten to a point in my life that I don't want to waste money on junk or products that are substandard. I'd rather get something that's good & is going to last, & supported by a company that cares about its customers. That being said, I'll stick w/ those that fit that bill - the Skullcandy's.

Good luck shopping.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K7inne09
What do you have the smokin' buds? That's awesome they have lasted so long for you. funny how apple gives you a nice mp3 player that is great quality then gives you the sh*ttiest head phones ever.
I couldn't tell you, to be honest. I just grabbed the cheapest ones they had at best buy with the soft earbud.

I don't get the apple thing either, they're truly crap.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
the Sony's were the worst. The sound quality was the worst of the bunch & no volume control on basic set. One side went dead after just a few uses.
Man ...you said alot in that...SONY sucks on every front except playstation... all of the sony equip ive bought failed after a very short time... i wont ever buy another sony product(althogh i love my blue ray movies).

Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bambam
Man ...you said alot in that...SONY sucks on every front except playstation... all of the sony equip ive bought failed after a very short time... i wont ever buy another sony product(althogh i love my blue ray movies).
I've had 3 VAIO laptops throughout college and for work since... and I happen to think the world of them.

I don't have any hate for general sony products, but I also don't think they're anything special. (except for my vaio gear )

Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I've had 3 VAIO laptops throughout college and for work since... and I happen to think the world of them.

I don't have any hate for general sony products, but I also don't think they're anything special. (except for my vaio gear )
Prolly shooda put IMO on that...but damnnit every time i gave sony another chance it failed me miserably...JMO...peeece chuck

Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Skullcandy has good products. They are a good company w/ great customer service. I use the "Smokin Buds". Each set comes w/ 3 sizes of rubberized earbuds that you can fit to your particular ear size. Great sound quality + a volume control that is great when you don't want to remove the earbud but want to hear what is going on around you. I use mine on longer rides & trips w/ my mp3 player. I wear them for running, exercising, & riding. I'm on my second set (free replacement). After about a year of hard use w/ my first set, one wire came loose from one earpiece. I emailed the company for repairs. Skullcandy replaced the entire set for free within 3 days. Can't beat that!

I've tried Sony, Memorex, & others. None w/ the same quality or durability as the Skullcandy's. In fact, the Sony's were the worst. The sound quality was the worst of the bunch & no volume control on basic set. One side went dead after just a few uses. I contacted the company for repairs/replacement...only to get a response of "sorry, we're not responsible for customer breakage". Say what? I can't support a company that doesn't support its products.

I've gotten to a point in my life that I don't want to waste money on junk or products that are substandard. I'd rather get something that's good & is going to last, & supported by a company that cares about its customers. That being said, I'll stick w/ those that fit that bill - the Skullcandy's.

Good luck shopping.

My smokin' buds didnt have a volume control ...Probably would have helped lol. I wasn't bashing the SkullCandy's (I use the Lowriders right now) they make and excellent product no doubt. I was just saying I got tired of replacing them and the particular Sony's I used were awesome. I would agree that most of sony's earbuds/headphones arent top notch, just so happened the pair I used were awesome plus they were 12$ at TJMaxx and they didnt have any skull's in stock so I got my pair of sony's. Hell a long time ago I spent some stupid amount on V-moda earbuds one of those like $120 pairs (I know stupid purchase) and I personally hated them...those blew also lol

Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the idea from one of those helmet speaker sites. I just bought a pair of cheap clip on headphones, put on some velcro the backs of them and since my helmet has recesses for where the ears sit, I put put some velcro in that section and voila. I used to ride with my earphones on, but this makes things a bit more flexible. I.E. I can use actual -30db earplugs or have my cellphone headset earplugs on and receive calls since people tend to think I go for hours at a time ignoring calls while I'm riding and don't take riding as a good enough excuse.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a good idea. Seen this done by others. Plus, it'll keep the popo from giving ya trouble if you get stopped...cause wearing earbuds in most jurisdictions is illegal.