Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorcycle Speakers.... Way to many choices! Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Speakers.... Way to many choices! Experience?

Does anyone know much about motorcycle speakers? I have been looking around at getting a set for a while and theres so many decisions. I came across a set offered by Cycle Acoustics www.cycleacoustics.com that seems to be competitively priced, I’ve seen from what I can tell some 100% identical systems on a few other sites I’ve been checking around on and they seem to run anywhere from $15-$70 more… and appear to be 50 less watts and don’t seem to have a very nice controller setup.

Does anyone have a pair? I found some youtube video’s of them online and they sound fairly clear and loud, how do they perform when riding? I’ve been in the market for some motorcycle speakers for a while now, and can’t get myself to pay $300+ for a system but this 150watt system for $84.99 sounds like a fairly good deal… Any input is HIGHLY appreciated. They also seem to be offering another 10% off and free shipping if you purchase two sets, so if anyone in the Dayton area would like to split that with me, it would save us a bit more. Not to mention, we get free t-shirts with the order… which to me seems like a pretty pathetic marketing gimmick, but none the less… Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance guys.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Not sure what the wattage of mine are but they sound really nice and also double as ear plugs. They are skull candies and connect to my ipod. With just a fingertip i can change the sound and have never had to worry about leaving it in the rain.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Talking scull candy rocks

i freakin love my scull candy ear buds. maybee its just me but my 900rr charging system would not approve of a stereo. My pod and buds make superbad sound, and does not affect the bike in any way. save your money unless your buildin a show bike or somthing.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Have you gone through with this? I've been looking into buying/building a kit very similar to this- tell me how it worked out if you have. If not, I'd be interested in the 10% off thing. I'm from MN though.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 PM

The volume **** is operated with the right wrist

Old 01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for skull candy earphones. They fit great, are cheap, and double as ear plugs..

Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Another vote for skull candy earphones. They fit great, are cheap, and double as ear plugs..

Ill have to go ahead and respectfully disagree on the skull candies...Don't get me wrong, I loved them they were excellent, fit well, sounded great ect....unfortunately ive probably been through about 5 pairs. I had 1 or 2 pair blow (i dont listen to music all that loud) and also where the wire connects to the jack takes heavy wear when you wind up the headphones and eventually causes sound to go in and out of the ear buds...I came across the Sony Heavybass earbuds, they have an odd shaped bud but it fits PERFECT. You can order them off ebay for 15$ or go to like best buy and pay 30$ F that lol....AND of course the pair that did work beautifully (Sony's) i lost...so now im stuck with those lame white one apple gives you...Sorry about the rant ..been a long day?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K7inne09
Ill have to go ahead and respectfully disagree on the skull candies...Don't get me wrong, I loved them they were excellent, fit well, sounded great ect....unfortunately ive probably been through about 5 pairs. I had 1 or 2 pair blow (i dont listen to music all that loud) and also where the wire connects to the jack takes heavy wear when you wind up the headphones and eventually causes sound to go in and out of the ear buds...I came across the Sony Heavybass earbuds, they have an odd shaped bud but it fits PERFECT. You can order them off ebay for 15$ or go to like best buy and pay 30$ F that lol....AND of course the pair that did work beautifully (Sony's) i lost...so now im stuck with those lame white one apple gives you...Sorry about the rant ..been a long day?
That's weird... I've had mine for a year now commuting every day to work and haven't had a problem.

12k miles strong.

And those ones from Apple SUCK!! I can't use those things for more than 5 minutes without my ears hurting like a ****..

Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 AM

What do you have the smokin' buds? That's awesome they have lasted so long for you. funny how apple gives you a nice mp3 player that is great quality then gives you the sh*ttiest head phones ever.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 AM

I still have my first set of smokin buds...three years old absolutely works perfect...BTW wraping set around the player is the best way to kill em...peeece

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Speakers.... Way to many choices! Experience?