Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Looking for new Speakers for my PC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for new Speakers for my PC??

When I got my system it came with a cheap logitec speaker system, a bulky sub woofer unit and two tiny little speakes that sit either side of the screen ..thing is I always listen to music while browsing but these things sound yuk!!

I saw these and wondered if anyone has any advice about pc sound sytems ...

They are in PC World for £63 and I saw them yesterday and they seem really solid and of good quality ..I like the idea of not having the sub woofer box as it just takes up space ..I just want the two speakers but ones that sound good ..I dont need high volume ..I like background sound but quality with the occasional higher volume when I feel like it

Any thoughs??

Jules

EDIT: Heres the specs

Creative GigaCreativves T40 Series II PC Speaker System

[ul][*]16 watts RMS per channel[*]Front-mounted volume & tone controls[*]BasXPort technology for deep bass[*]2 separate inputs for PC & MP3 player[*]Dual bass/midrange drivers per channel[/ul]

Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for new Speakers for my PC??

I don't know what your budget is like, but you can't go wrong with Bose. Check out this link.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...&src=k9788

Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Logitech for me Jules.
Im using them in 5.1 surround,X-530 system[5 sattelites plus Sub woofer =140 watts.
Retail here in Aussie for about $100.........
Try this link Jules;
http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/l...ers-p-973.html

Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 AM

the sub does nothing?>?HMMM?????

Ive got a logitech z-2300 it sounds amazing, and its THX certified

Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Historically, Creative's been sub par, which is ironic, considering their sound cards. I'm not saying that they are bad, but Logitech and Klipschspeaker systems usually have higher ratings.

The best thing for you to do is go to a store and listen to them and see which sounds better. Then shop online for price. Alternatively, look at review places like Tomshardware(link) or Extremetech(link).

I have Logitech Z5300e.

Cheap $20 speakers typically sound like cheap $20 speakers. The ones you have here might be good enough, but not having a sub, you will lose of the low ends in your music.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:09 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: eweppley

I don't know what your budget is like, but you can't go wrong with Bose. Check out this link.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...&src=k9788
I agree 100%...specifically the Companion 3 set up for a PC. Once you hear it, you understand.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: woo545

Historically, Creatives been sub par, which is ironic, considering their sound cards. Im not saying that they are bad, but Logitech and Klipschspeaker systems usually have higher ratings.

Cheap $20 speakers typically sound like cheap $20 speakers. The ones you have here might be good enough, but not having a sub, you will lose of the low ends in your music.
Now you see I never knew that they are sub par ..thank you, unfortunately I couldnt listen to them as they were just on a shelf with a load of other speakers .. maybe if I asked nicely, depends on how helpful the assistants want to be I suppose. I just like the way they looked and they seemed really heavy and sturdy ..also I didnt really want the sub woofer thing its just more clutter so was looking for a better qualtity speaker itself, that would handle some bass ..but I dont need loud or booming I tend to play my sounds gently ..I like quality and tone the best :-)

Jules

Old 01-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Now you see I never knew that they are sub par ..thank you, unfortunately I couldnt listen to them as they were just on a shelf with a load of other speakers .. maybe if I asked nicely, depends on how helpful the assistants want to be I suppose. I just like the way they looked and they seemed really heavy and sturdy ..also I didnt really want the sub woofer thing its just more clutter so was looking for a better qualtity speaker itself, that would handle some bass ..but I dont need loud or booming I tend to play my sounds gently ..I like quality and tone the best :-)

Jules
Just because something is "heavier" or "sturdier looking" doesn't mean it is alwaysbetter. I was just reading an article in the paper yesterday about how they can make TV remote controllers far lighter than they do, but they add aluminum to the inside of them (wasting material better used elsewhere) because people didn't like thelight feel ofthem. They didn't seem "sturdy" enough. Never judge a book by its cover.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind Jules, things may have changed since I last looked at speaker reviews. BTW...Subwoofers make great foot rests!

Here's a review for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNib9bss73Q

Quick Reply: Looking for new Speakers for my PC??