Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lucky to be alive today, electricity is unforgiving

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007 | 06:24 PM
Default RE: Lucky to be alive today, electricity is unforgiving

Damn, Epi you are lucky to tell the story.
Be safe, don't let your guard down.

I saw this at IMAX a while back, thought it was pretty cool.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04692476270576

Old 08-31-2007 | 06:32 PM

Way to go, man-- nothing like the feeling of dodging that bullet, I imagine! A close friend of mine was electrocuted when he was only 6. He lost is right arm at the shoulder and has plenty of gnarly scars to show for it. He rides an old hondamatic with a two-speed automatic and all of the right hand controls flipped over to the left side!

Glad you're still with us!

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:26 PM

The x you are lucky to have healed. I know of people who have literally been cooked by microwave transmission. Quite similar I believe.
Kodiak. cool post man, while we don't work out of helicopters, we do bond on. I love drawing an arc at night.
Northernfirepower. You are so right. I was told that the operator went to work this morning but couldn't finish the day. I'm going to be fine, but I guess he's just freaked. I'll talk to him.

Just an update. My little burns look worse today, but that's normal and expected. What wasn't expected is that the reality of the situation has begun to set in and I'm kinda bummed out today. Cheryl is weirding me out a little as well. One minute she is happy that I'm ok, then she is mad because I should have been more careful, then suddenly, she is sympathetic. I'velearned to ask for things from the fridge while she's in the sympathetic phase.lol

I wasn't sure about starting this thread in case it looked sappy, like I was looking for sympathy, I'm not. I just want it to serve as a reminder to all. Whether you're defending our freedom or riding a motorcycle, or crossing the street. Keep your wits about you. Things can happen so fast.

Thank you very much for the responses. the fact that we as virtual strangers can be concerned for one another kinda restores ones faith in humanity. (Not the guinness talking)

Old 09-01-2007 | 08:52 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

Thank you very much for the responses. the fact that we as virtual strangers can be concerned for one another kinda restores ones faith in humanity. (Not the guinness talking)
Maybe the Guinness and the Vicadin?

Old 09-01-2007 | 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

i was jolted a good one once by 220 not fun.....i cant imagine what you just went through, craziness man. glad to hear your still with us.

Plugging in dryers is fun. Numbs the whole arm and hurt the shoulder joint.

Old 09-02-2007 | 10:44 PM

i dunno how you normally work things, but I'm a rigger, and if my op does anything without me giving him signs to do it, he gets an earfull at the very least. I had an op think he knew what he was doing, even though the boom fork was 40 feet out, and stopped following my helpers directions...next I knew the panel I was standing on 50 feet in the air disappeared as the op hit it. Luckily I was about 3 feet away from the upright holding it up, and grabbed it. The op was fired from the worksite for that one.