Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Unforgiving Intersections

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unforgiving Intersections

So who else has certain intersections/stop lights that seem to ALWAYS change at the worst time? I have one in specific on a road with a 60mph speed limit that goes red at the point to where if I try to run it, I risk getting hit but if I try to stop, i risk skidding or stopping mid intersection. It's gotten to the point to me just slowing down 10-15 under even when its green. Any other victims?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one that's on my route to work each morning. If the left turn lane signal is red I can go straight, cut through a bank access road and get back on the main road that I would have turned left on back at the light.

The intersection has a red light camera. There is a point where if I decide to go straight I can no longer get in the left turn lane. The traffic light seems to know when I'm coming because it seems that a lot of the time when it "sees" me commit to going straight the yellow light suddenly appears. I then have a split second to decide whether to try and make it before tripping the camera or stop for the light. I'm not good at making split second decisions early in the morning when I'm still half asleep.

If I just get in the left turn lane in the first place to avoid all the above the light seems like it takes a long, long time to cycle through before those who are waiting to turn left get their turn. That, plus there's usually a mob of traffic already waiting to turn left and if I get in behind them I'm stuck following all that for the next 5 miles until we get to the highway.