Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

intersections speedracers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow intersections speedracers

i have rode for few days now, short rides here and there since its cold.
but at most intersections when im in front with some jack a$$ next to me, it feels like they just take off trying to race. naturally, i stay back a little and let them go since they sit on my a$$ when i get in front. is that normal for everyone here or is it just a stupid feeling i have being new to the bikes.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

I'd say its a mixture of the two...

You will definitely get people who try and race you, it happens often, so get use to it!

But also on the same note don't over think it...

Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like normal behavior. It happens when driving as well as when riding. There's always someone who treats every green light as if it were the tree at a drag strip. Don't worry about it.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM

you got a hot bike man its going to happen all the time. dont worry about it, 90% of vehicles aren't worth the wasted gas just to prove a point. just watch out for youself. sometimes it is nice to have a little fun tho...

Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 AM

All the cagers want to see what your motorcycle is made of give them a lil taste of that speed man!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha just thought of this. Next time a car wants to race im going to just rev it alot so i sound like im haulin a$$ and ill be in a full tuck but im going to just be matching their speed. At the next light ill say man your car is fast i was giving it all i had. haha Then ill say one more time man one more time. Then i lay on it and buh bye. haha

Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Haha just thought of this. Next time a car wants to race im going to just rev it alot so i sound like im haulin a$$ and ill be in a full tuck but im going to just be matching their speed. At the next light ill say man your car is fast i was giving it all i had. haha Then ill say one more time man one more time. Then i lay on it and buh bye. haha
+1 Love doing that sort of stuff to people! Gotta love wet clutches!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to think the same thing, but I find that if I'm just rolling around town, stoplight to stoplight, I'm not winding it up in first or second to get that velocity required to really rocket away from lights.

It feels to me that if I'm not getting into it in first, that normal traffic will pace me a lot closer. Check your speedo the next time you think someone is pulling on you, and you may be surprised to find you're running slower than you think.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just flip up my lid and ask "seriously???".

Old 03-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

the people who try to race you will be the highschool kids in their civics and integras, and some older azzhats with vettes/ferarris/porsches/etc. but they'll rev at you and stare so its pretty easy to tell.

but mostly, you have to remember, when someone is in a car at a stoplight and they have an auto tranny, when the light turns green, the just put their foot on the gas. Whereas, you, by the same token, you have to easily let the clutch out and barely roll on the throttle to keep from gunning it.

as you get more accustomed to riding, you'll see that its normal. i wouldnt worry about it.

Last edited by Conrice; 03-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: intersections speedracers