Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

intersections speedracers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I quit letting other people set my state of mind a long time ago, takes 2 to race. It's dangerous to others and then there are the fines (as others have pointed out). Yield the point and live to ride another day. Reminds me of the joke...Young bull and old bull looking at a herd of hefers at the bottom of the hill. Young bull says, lt's race down there and bang the heck out of one of those hefers!!" Old bull says, "Heck, son. Let's WALK down there and bang 'em ALL!"

Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Old bull says, "Heck, son. Let's WALK down there and bang 'em ALL!"

Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 AM

I understand the guy beside you at the light doing this kind of thing...but what is up with the guy right in front of you doing when there is a whole line of traffic in the lane next to you??

Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
I understand the guy beside you at the light doing this kind of thing...but what is up with the guy right in front of you doing when there is a whole line of traffic in the lane next to you??
its only when we sit in front of the traffic, thats why i let them go instead of having them sitting on my a$$. it usually happens when the next lane ends after the intersection.

when i sit behind other cars, its fine, every one seems to be going the same speed.

i have also have noticed that some people will try at all cost not to let you in on the freeway.

i was going about 60mph at the end of the ramp trying to make same speed as the other traffic, this a$$clown went from about 60 to 80 just to block me and almost caused an accident with the car in front of me. he ran that car of the road. i got behind him keeping about 2-3 car lengths. what was the point of that i have no idea, because he didnt get anywhere faster, i got off the interstate right behind him.

im starting to hate car drivers. they not only dont see you, which happened to me couple times already. but they try to kill you on purpose.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM

gotta watch for cages...when I'm stuck in a cage, I try to be extra mindful of bikes. one thing I've noticed in the cage is waving to other cagers normally doesn't get a response...but wave to a biker they normally wave back (kinda like saying "Hey someone actually saw me!")

Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM

yep, from my experience there are two kind of cagers, the kind that totally ignore you and never see you, and the kind that see you and intentionally try to do something that could potentially get you hurt.