F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Another accident, lucky to be alive

Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another accident, lucky to be alive

I can never have a clean and reliable motorcycle because some stupid ****in moron has to ruin it, every time. Please pardon my language but it is really infuriating to share the road with all these careless incompetent sacks of bones that breathe our air.

So Monday after work I went to pick up my girlfriend and we went out to Chinatown and then to the beach to dip our feet in the water to cool down. Finally we decided it was time to go grab dinner and got back on the bike and hopped onto Lake Shore Drive (Chicago's lake front highway for those not familiar) and not even a quarter of a mile after getting off LSD, some douche back in the oncoming lane decided to make a left turn as I'm heading towards him... okay no problem, I keep my distance and was doing the speed limit or even a few MPH less as I had precious cargo with me (my gf) but here's the part that pisses me the EFFF off, the douchbag behind him also turns left without stopping and looking, he just follows the first car that already had limited time and space to turn in front of me.

You pretty much get the idea of what happens here. I either crash head on with this brand new Audi or try to avoid it. If my gf would not have been there with me, I think I would have loved to let the bike fly onto his dumbass self but instead I avoided as best as I could but still went down.

There was minimal damage/injury to the two of us. I got a little scrape on my knee the size of a US quarter (.25 cents) and another real tiny scrape the size of a US dime (.10 cents) on the bakk of my ankle. I do have a sore neck and my rear hurts from landing on it. My girlfriend also suffered no cuts bruises or scratches as she landed on her rear and luckily has plenty of it to absorb the fall. Her tailbone hurts a bit but its starting to go away.

The bike has cracks and scratches on every panel, broken tail light, bent handlebar and brake lever, flat front tire.

CPD is either seriously understaffed, useless, lazy, incompetent or all of the above because I had to call 911 THREE TIMES you read right, 3 TIMES and took 1+ hour to get to the scene of the accident.

The bike is being picked up by a local bike shop which will then send the quote to Statefarm for the repair. After that bike being in 3 accidents, 2 of them with me on the bike.

I think its an eye opener that having a bike in this city which is filled with millions of stupid *** distracted or incompetent drivers is pointless and just asking to become a statistic no matter how careful I have been in the last two years. They seem to find me and come for me despite me avoiding them.

Repairs will more than likely exceed the value of the bike so I will more than likely take the money and put it towards a house. Sorry for the long rant.

Ride safe out there guys.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear of your off, but glad both you and your girlfriend escaped with minor injuries.

Can you buy the wreck from insurance and fix it over time?

Take care out there.

Cheers, SB

Old 08-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Oh No! Again?

Glad both of you survived. That bike is jinxed!

Old 08-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Instead of ditching bikes you need to ditch that hell hole of a city. Glad your ok.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Instead of ditching bikes you need to ditch that hell hole of a city. Glad your ok.
This.

I'm glad you and your girl are alright. Those big cities for suck for riding, especially Chicago... I'm glad I moved away from it. I never rode there, but I'm glad I didn't.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 PM

Yikes...I avoid Chicago in my car, let alone on a bike.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:31 PM

Damn dude, glad you're both ok. Sorry to hear about the bike especially since you recently got her done! We never even got to take a ride. Hope you're not done riding, and if you do end up fixing her or getting another ride let me know.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:40 PM

my condolences it sucks when a good rider is taken out by some idiot in a cage, I've had my near calls where i thought i was done, glad your ok especially your cargo even if its someone else's fault its hard not to take a lil blame for having someone get injured in your care, be safe out there man if you give up bikes remember what you learned as a rider and share the road.