Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance question ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in NH and its only mandatory to have INS if you have a loan out on it. I have no INS on my bike but its a personal choice. Nobody i ride with has it either. Its never a bad idea to have but i dont want the extra expense.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Freak*06RR
All how you ride???? your kidding right....People are human thats why they are called accidents. Im not worried about me im worried about the cars around me. if you get hit by a car and they do not have insurance guess who has to pay???? Well, they have to but ,if they dont have a job(or dont make much money) and do not have insurance(like you) your screwd.... you cant get get water from a dried up lake.
When you get insurance part of the insurance is non insurance coverage...meaning if the person that causes the accident does not have insurance you are still covered.

Do what ever you want and I hope noone needs too use there insurance but, its good to have just in case.

I just have one question for you.....Do you wear gear when you ride your bike? Helmet, gloves, jacket ect?????? Insurance is the same thing....you dont plan on using it but its there for your protection....And you dont have to be speeding in through cars and traffic to get into an accident.....That statement has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
If you are using your head, there is no such thing as an "accident".

S*it just doesn't happen...not in my book anyway.

Anyway, we agree to disagree...thanks and have a nice insured day.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 PM

And yes, I wear gear...full gear usually.

That's still not an "accident" if I wreck.

Just means I miscalculated.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Insurance is about protecting yourself from personal liability exposure that could follow you for the rest of your financial life.

It isn't about replacing a 2, 5, or 10K dollar bike.

GET liability, no questions asked.

For one, you shouldn't risk your personal assets for the rest of your life. For two, I don't want a bunch of **** up uninsured people driving around on the roads because if they do cause an accident there is nothing to compensate the victims.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Don't know if you were referring to me or the original poster, but like I said I have Dairyland, liability only.

It's required in Texas.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:42 PM

I guess the best thing to do right now is just to call up an insurance agent and talk about it. Any1 kno who has the lowest rates ???

Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 PM

I had allstate liability only and it was 240-ish for the year.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by some guy #2
I had allstate liability only and it was 240-ish for the year.
i make that in 1 week but iam going back to skool and going part time now so that will be 2 weeks pay

Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM

Unfortunately I used to sell insurance...and as much as I hate to admit it...it's worth it. Pay a little now, save a hell of a lot later.

If you're bike is sh!tty & old I would just get liability and medical payments for yourself. Liability is the lowest portion of an insurance premium. For example...I had a 95 ZX-6 that I paid about $300 a year to insure...liability and comprehensive only (so I'm covered if it's stolen). If I were to add collision it would have been almost $3500 a year to insure.

Now I have a newer bike, and its considered supersport which makes it more expensive to insure. This bike is almot $800 a year for liability, and comprehensive. With collision the insurance is over $5,000. Granted I only ran it through one company just out of curious...but $5,000 is more than I paid for the bike. So clearly that doesn't make sense. Even if I could afford that insurance I would probably repair or replace my bike...but neither will have to happen since I try to be careful.

If you go to http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/ I would buy insurance, at least for your car from someone on the good faith list. Read about it...the good faith companies are more likely to give you the money you should get, on time, and the right amount. Even though they all screw you in the end anyway it's nice to know which companies are on which list.

Bottom line, definitely get it, at least liablity and bodily injury. In FL I don't think you need it but in a state like PA you have to get it, with certain minimum limits that aren't that expensive.