Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

And now a word from our former sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And now a word from our former sponsor

John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White House, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of
when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

The quotes of Thomas Jefferson below could prove his point.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. "

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

And here's a Very Interesting Quote:

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Doesn't this sound eerily familiar to what is happening in America today?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 PM

How about we leave political discussions off CBRF.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
How about we leave political discussions off CBRF.
LOL...ok.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM

Not sure if it was posted up to stir things up politically, or to shine a light on Tom Jefferson?

I don't see any reason why there's an issue. If you're offended, you don't have to reply or read?

There's no rules against posting this is there? I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, otherwise, post away!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM

Very interesting. Most problems are not new, just old ones coming back up, history repeating itself.
Many people are predicting another "Great depression". Listening to the news lately, they have many valid points. It may be time to start investing in things like can goods, woods stoves and gardening tools.....lol ( I laugh but wonder if they're right)

Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

History is a sure guide to the future. Had enough politicians and bankers read up on causes of past recessions and depressions we might not be where we are today.

Canned goods and a wood stove. Not a bad idea.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Those who do not learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them. ie discussing things such as economics and politics on a motorcycle forum.
Perhaps a quick read of the CBRF Code of Conduct in the new members area is necessary to refresh on what is acceptable.

Last edited by thrasher572; 03-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

lol i once got my life threatened for talking politics on here.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Those who do not learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them. ie discussing things such as economics and politics on a motorcycle forum. Perhaps a quick read of the CBRF Code of Conduct in the new members area is necessary to refresh on what is acceptable.
Well done! Superb response to yet another troll baiting by bmgcya...bmgvelocity...whichever is the latest name he's going with.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
Well done! Superb response to yet another troll baiting by bmgcya...bmgvelocity...whichever is the latest name he's going with.

?

Oh well. Good luck to everybody. Ride safe.

Quick Reply: And now a word from our former sponsor