F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance question

I wanted to know if this is to much for full coverage
I am 23 years old clean record no tickets or accidents (knocking on wood)
they are charging $1600 the whole year like $135 a month this is for my 2001 f4i.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Default RE: insurance question

Go with state farm.

28, No accidents or tickets in the past 3+ years.

Geico wanted 1,300/yr
Allstate wanted 950/yr
With state farm, I'm paying $445.10/yr

Full coverage, $250 deduct.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 PM

State farm sounds good how much are they covering for bodily injury?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:58 PM

I've got 2 health care providers so I'm not going *****-out with my bodily injury.

$50,000 is what i've got now.

The problem with state farm is that you have to get your car insurance switched over with them to save money. I have renters, auto, and bike insurance with them, which saves me a ton of money. Another cool thing about state farm is that they hardly advertise compared to the other companies. the more an insurance company spends on advertising, the more the premiums go up. Also, When insuring a motorcycle, state farm goes by the deplacement of the engine to determine their premium, not the 'power to weight ratio' or the insurance risk of a particular model...unlike a lot of other companies (or so i've heard. i might be full of sh*t)

Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 PM

I have Farm Bureau, 35 years old. Car insurance (2) policies, home owners policy, bike policy. 2 speeding tickets, one accident. 22 bucks a month full coverage.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

35 years old.
Oh man, does your bike have an attachment for a cane?

Joking of course, Im 29 and I feel like I amtoo old somedays. Got about 40 gray hairs even. I think whenan insurance company's premiumcalculator computer program has an age over 30 and sportbike data in the same calculation it screws up thealgorithm so bad some lowball numbers come out.

My F4i insurance by itself is $1,000 a year from Nationwide. $100,000 bodily injury coverage with high coverage for under-insured and uninsured (illegals) motorists. I have another bike and my truck with them, clean record.

I think $1,000 is high enough for an older model 600cc bike no matter what level of coverage you have.

BTW, INSURANCE COMPANIES CHECK YOUR CREDIT BEFORE THEY SET YOUR PREMIUMS. THEY ALSO CHECK YOUR ZIP CODE TO SEE HOW MANY ILLEGALS LIVE IN YOUR AREA SINCE THEY ARE ALL UNINSURED AND FREQUENTLY CAUSE ACCIDENTS.

Your age is important to. There is a cut off where you're automatically out of one group and into the cheaper (older) group eventually.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM

yah if you have bad credit, they think you won't pay your bill. So they jack it up so high you can't afford it. Makes sense, if you can't pay us a little bit of money, they you definately won't pay us alot. So they won't have to deal with you.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM

I'd just call around for insurance. I called up Geico, Progressive, American Family and State Farm. State Farm was the cheapest. I'm 25 with a clean record and i'm paying about $260 a year for an 01 F4i for full coverage.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:44 PM

one reason they check your credit first is because if they can tell you are basically destitute and constantly have money troubles they figure you are more likely to try and scam them with a bull**** claim/accident/tree fell on me/etc.

ashesaidabove, its like saying we dont want your business. Those high premiums for bad creditis likethe insurance company's way oftaking insurance out on you to protect themselves, except you arepaying it....double....get it?

Sounds like Im going to have to check out state farm next year

Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

I have Farm Bureau, 35 years old. Car insurance (2) policies, home owners policy, bike policy. 2 speeding tickets, one accident. 22 bucks a month full coverage.
thats great i actually work for Farm Bureau Bank in san antonio texas great to have a rider with the company - if you ever need financing for anything email me im a loan officer tgarza@farmbureaubank.com

Quick Reply: insurance question