Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance question ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance question ????

So some people told me insurance on a bike is optional idk if that's just in Florida but that's what Ibsen told. Question is. Is it worth having I insurance on a bike, and about how much is it mothly to pay.
Also plz tell me ur worst experince or almost near accident with ur bike.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Check with your DMV but I doubt you aren't required to carry any insurance. Liability is the minimum (at least where I live).

Is it worth having insurance? Have you ever been in a crash?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 AM

I have insurance on the car I have now. Iam only 19 going to college with a pice of **** part time job. So if I get a bike iam buy used to not go monthly payments. N if anything I will have PIP.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Usually liability is the minimum. I use Dairyland myself.

As far as crashing your bike and letting the company pay for it, if I wreck my bike I'll pay to have it fixed myself. The money between the two is about the same in the long run.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 AM

I also have dairyland, but this year I am switching to state Farm because I am going to switch my car over to there also.. It is definitely worth having insurance man.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cbrking08
So some people told me insurance on a bike is optional idk if that's just in Florida but that's what Ibsen told. Question is. Is it worth having I insurance on a bike, and about how much is it mothly to pay.
Also plz tell me ur worst experince or almost near accident with ur bike.

If you crash and hurt someone you will have to pay for there medical bills. If you dont have insurance they will come after you for anything you have ....house, car ect. If you dont have that stuff they will garnish your wages til you pay it off. I have to much to lose if i dont have insurance. Also, who would pay YOUR medical bills????? I would rather pay the 62.50 a month for insurance than thousands and thousands if I hurt someone or myself.
I would not ride without insurance...atleast get liabilty...not for your sake but for the person or people you could hurt or kill. i know in my state(NH) if you have a bank note on any vehecle you need to carry full coverage.
Talk to any one who has ever crashed...Look at Jaynd, I bet he was happy he had insurance plus he is out of work for atleast 3month from what he said. Get insurance dude

Old 03-06-2009, 11:20 AM

I Kno it's worth it. Just the money aspect of it

Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM

def get insurance
i have progressive, its the only thing on the policy and its like $50 a month
im 21, in college, with no job... u can afford it
its just a matter of not going out to eat 3 times throughout the month or not buying as much beer/video games/****/etc.

getting a motorcycle is an expensive hobby so if you dont have enough to get insurance think of everything else ur going to need. oil & oil filter, tires, sprockets & chains, supplies to keep everything rust free and clean. it adds up pretty fast

i know when i got mine i didnt need to put much money into it, but i accidentally ran over a little nail a few weeks into riding, there was $170 right there

if your barely getting by as it is, it might not be the best time to get a bike

Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Freak*06RR
If you crash and hurt someone you will have to pay for there medical bills. If you dont have insurance they will come after you for anything you have ....house, car ect. If you dont have that stuff they will garnish your wages til you pay it off. I have to much to lose if i dont have insurance. Also, who would pay YOUR medical bills????? I would rather pay the 62.50 a month for insurance than thousands and thousands if I hurt someone or myself.
I would not ride without insurance...atleast get liabilty...not for your sake but for the person or people you could hurt or kill. i know in my state(NH) if you have a bank note on any vehecle you need to carry full coverage.
Talk to any one who has ever crashed...Look at Jaynd, I bet he was happy he had insurance plus he is out of work for atleast 3month from what he said. Get insurance dude
Depends on how you ride dude.

Around other traffic, I ride slow...most of the time. I don't zip in and out between cars like some kind of hyper idiot. That gives riders a bad name anyway.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by bmgcya
Depends on how you ride dude.

Around other traffic, I ride slow...most of the time. I don't zip in and out between cars like some kind of hyper idiot. That gives riders a bad name anyway.

All how you ride???? your kidding right....People are human thats why they are called accidents. Im not worried about me im worried about the cars around me. if you get hit by a car and they do not have insurance guess who has to pay???? Well, they have to but ,if they dont have a job(or dont make much money) and do not have insurance(like you) your screwd.... you cant get get water from a dried up lake.
When you get insurance part of the insurance is non insurance coverage...meaning if the person that causes the accident does not have insurance you are still covered.

Do what ever you want and I hope noone needs too use there insurance but, its good to have just in case.

I just have one question for you.....Do you wear gear when you ride your bike? Helmet, gloves, jacket ect?????? Insurance is the same thing....you dont plan on using it but its there for your protection....And you dont have to be speeding in through cars and traffic to get into an accident.....That statement has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Last edited by Freak*06RR; 03-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Insurance question ????