Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GREAT customer service...(seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GREAT customer service...(seriously)

...so when I got my new KBC helmet I was SO stoked! I didn't want to lay it on the ground and have it get dirty yet (being the first ride and all). So, insteadI put it on my bike while it was starting up. Guess what...? IT RATTLED OFF- landing straight on the sheild. The drop ended up breaking the plastic piece that holds the shield.

So, today...(several months after I've had it) I finally had some time to call up KBC and try and get the replacement part. Here's how the conversation went with John in warranty:

John: KBC warranty, how may I help you?

ME: Yeah, John. My name is Matthew, and I live in Las Vegas. I just recently replaced my old Airforce helmet with the new Airforce 2 helmet. And, well...I kind of dropped it on the face shield. When it landed it broke the plastic piece that holds it to the helmet. Now, I know I can use the old ones because they look like they'll fit. However, the new ones look WAY different then the new ones. Is there anyway I can get one warrantied or something.

John: Well, Matt, as a loyal customer of KBC I'd be honored to help you out.

ME: Really?! (Really, not thinking they'd warranty it since it was my fault it broke)

John: Yes, sir. What I'd like to do is send you out a new SET, and windscreen.Of the windscreens you may choose from clear, smoke, dark, or silver.

Me: Really?!?! Which one do you think will look good?

John: I think the silver one will look really good with that helmet.

Me: Okay, then that one. Thanks SO much, John.

John: What size t-shirt do you wear?

Me: Medium...why?

John: If it's okay with you I'd also like to send you out KBC t-shirt.

Me: Absolutley. Thanks SO much again, John.

John: (this is where he took my shipping information, and said...) Okay, Matt. It's all set. I'll have it there for you tomorrow.

[/align] [IMG]http://www.scsportbikes.com/forum/images/smilies/shocker.gi

Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GREAT customer service...(seriously)

nice, man. when i ordered my two bros pipe from HAI they sent me a t-shirt and a bunch of stickers of different sizes.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing, makes you feel like there are real people still left out there. Good on you for actually ringing them about it. I crewed helmet once when I left it on my bike & the wind from a lorry caught it. Carry it round now though.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:18 AM

customer service is make or break ! I woulda been happy as crap too, call up hoping they buy your story and they end up giving you a bunch of stuff, haha

Sucks you dropped your helmet like that, im was always scared to do exactly what you did, so i just put in on the ground

Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice!! Always cool to hear of a company that actually takes care of it's customers[sm=smiley20.gif] All too often you hear more horror stories than happy stories when it comes to customer service!

I was happy with Scorpion too, back when I had my EXO-700 (first lid). I did the exact same thing, fell off my tank and flat on the side, on the big **** thingys to release the visor. Parts went flying everywhere! haha. So me, knowing it was my fault (mr honest) called them up and asked if I could buy the visor mechanism part. He said "well we don't really 'sell' them, but I can just send you some". Sure enough, he sent me the mechanism and **** and everything, didn't charge me for the part or for shipping or anything. Got there quick too! We'll see if Shoei does the same... my current RF-1000 is leaking water when it rains onto the inside of the visor, so I've gotta call them up and see about getting a new seal

Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Wow, they gave you overnight delivery? That IS good customer service. Nice shocker smiley too...

Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 AM

holy cow, that is some amazing PR i like it... the guy working there... mustve been his last day so he wanted to give out a buncha free **** haha jk, that is really awsome though. speaking of windscreens i took a nice rock right between where my eyes would have been on the freeway the other day bcuz of some fin 18wheeler with no cover over his trialer, than i saw three more rocks coming my way so i tucked, and two of the flew right over my head and the other nailed me in the shoulder.... my freinds infiniti g35 i was following got a chip in the windsheild... sucks for her... im glad i only got a lil ding on the sheild. (its a icon mainframe Manic if anyone cares).