Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default customer service

im sorry if this offends anyone here....

this is one of the things that gets me absolutely THE most irritated....when you call somewhere and the person who works customer service doesnt speak english....i mean, barely....speaks....english! i have this happen to me all to often and it irritates the **** out of me. how can you put someone on the phone who will not be able to communicate to probably 75% of the establishments customers!?

im through ranting, just thought i'd get that outta my system

Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: customer service

Welcome to American Customer Service. My name is Hakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkma.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean honestly.......since i had this recent.....deer incident, on my bike. i was told it would be totaled and i had to make a call to my claims adjuster to check up and make sure they werent dragging *** and taking their sweet time. the woman who answered the phone, i could barely understand. this pissed me off b/c 1.)i coundt understand the update she was attempting to give me on my bike, and 2.) i wanted to ask about salvaged titles and how i go about making the bike street legal again IF THE bike were to be totaled. i just simply decided it wasnt worth asking question #2.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM

In my job, I make dozens of calls for technical support or parts ordering, mostly the larger companies are the worst. It's cheaper to pay someone in India to read a technical manual to a customer than it is to pay someone here in the US, plus, over there or other countries with the time difference, you get 24hr support, so with me at least depending on company and time of day called, you could get someone here in the US or some other country, but almost all of them will transfer you to someone else if you politely tell them that you are having difficulty understanding them and would like to speak with another representative.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:58 PM

Yahoo dsl is pretty bad. I figured out if you called past 8pm you'd get an american. The first time I had a male american answer the phone I was screaming with joy. The guy thought it was funny.

Hey. If we can have a foreign company build/make us stuff, why not have them help us out with technical stuff.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM

LOL, I feel your pain. What's even worse is that my company is OWNED by these foreigners. We get e-mail updates and newsletters and for some reason there is no Z in their language. Everything has an S instead and is spelled wrong half the time. I just wish they would realize that they do have almost 40,000 employees in North America.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My company does software support. We are currently 100% American and we also answer the calls with in 2 rings with the person that will most likely handle your call. How's that for service?

As for the outsourcing...sure it's frustrating, but I only see 3 options:
[ol][*]Pay a premium to have support.[*]Americans need to lower the cost of living (A typical call center staff member in India, makes about $204/month - Could be $600 depending on what article you read).[*]Get your neighbor's 12 yr old to fix your computer.
[/ol]

Old 05-30-2008, 07:06 AM

Dell

Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned

Nothing worse then going through and entire customer support phone call and having to have everything repeated 2 or 3 times. Not to mention, they seem to have no ability to think outside of their script. A lot of times, I get frustrated and hang up. I had to get a bank statement last month from an account I closed, and the foreigner on the phone told me repeatedly that I could go online to get my statement. I spent 15 minutes arguing with the guy that I couldn't get the statement online because the account was no longer active and my login was suspended. The persistent little meat whistle still kept giving me instructions for downloading it from the internet over and over. I finally hung up, and when I called back....SAME DAMN GUY!!! That's when I asked to speak to somebody else, which was another battle in itself. It's very frustrating.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 AM

back when i worked for MBNA the credit card company we prided ourselves that the 25,000 call center employees were all in america....now that they have merged with Bank of America.....Not the case.