Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dont want to wear gear? This can be you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regular jeans? a huge no no if u skid more tahn 10 feet at around 20 miles, your legs and *** are gone, there is currently a company that make special denim jeans for riding, i cant recall the name just know but ill ask around and see what there called

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT DOSENT WEAR PRTECTIVE GEAR, YOU ARE NOT INVINSIBLE A CRASH DOES NOT HAVE TO KILL U BUT IF U LOSE ENOOGH SKIN YOU CAN DIE SO PLEASE ALL YOU PPL TO COOL TO WEAR GEAR LOOK UP SOME PIC OF CRASHES YOULL CHANGE YOU MIND VERY QUICKLY

SCOTT

Old 02-14-2010, 06:57 PM

I just got the rest of my gear so now I got new scorpion exo 700 helmet, hat trick jacket,duece pants, pair of alpinestar mx5 boots and alpinestar gloves. Was not planning to go all scorpion with helmet jacket and pants but the price was good (close out last years style)

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping since the new season is pretty much here and some new riders may not want to wear proper gear. I feel if they see this it may change your mind and give you a higher priority in obtaining gear and riding safer.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:39 AM

I just got to read this thread over, since I'm new on the forum. I couldn't agree more about the proper gear. It is irresponsible to get on a bike even for a mile without some form of protection (other than the helmet since it's the law!)

Today I purchased new gear, be froogle, shop around. but don't use money as an excuse to put your life at any more danger than this wonderful hobby allready offers.

I picked up on the importance of suiting up on the dirt. Without the spin protector and shoulder/knee pads and boots I would be crippled many times over.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:45 AM

*spine

Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 AM

I am another that can attest to good gear, 6 years ago i put a busa down at 100+ on a empty highway at 3am. I was sober, went around a hunk of wood laying in the road and caught gravel and lost the rear tire. I tore the back out of a 800 dollar joe rocket suzuki leather jacket my girlfriend had bought me 2 months prior, split a arai helmet front to back, managed to loose a very expensive leather roper style boot, totalled the busa. I was knocked out cold and it was called in as a fatal accident by witnesses. Besides a very very busted up leg, i had very minor rash on my back, none on my arms, and the back of my legs were fairly bad but for the speed not nearly as bad as it could have been, i was in wranglers. all of it combined saved my life, i have no issue now dropping 500 on a arai helmet or 300+on a good jacket, i have to wear tall heavy leather boots to work anyway.
I have preached this to my lil brother since he looked at a bike, when he low sided his he was in a hoodie and learned his lesson the hard way. I figure its like this the gear i have for snowmobiling cost way more than the bike, and you dont even risk road rash in powder. I wear the best helmet, avalanche beacon and armored vests on the sled, why cheap out on the asphalt

Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM

Hey all, to all the people wanting to know about wearing jeans n stuff, motor cycle gear is made of kevlar and dot rated material designed to protect you up to certain speeds and a distance slid, and if you really want to spend the extra money on protective gear you can look up the european spec riding gear as they are rated at a higher protected spec. hope this helps you can also look up individual companys and see how they rate on duribility in a crash scale.