Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PLEASE wear your gear.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE wear your gear.

I know it has been said a million times and its unfortunate this it what it takes for some people and myself to realize that gear is important no matter the temp. A good friend of mine Charlie died tonite roughly 730pm. Not sure what has happened yet but I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing a helmet, jacket, or gloves. He never did. Him and his 600rr went down before he got to ride it for 6 months.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PLEASE wear your gear.

My condolences . . . .

RIP Charlie

Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 PM

oh and so people know this wasn't his first bike. I dont wont people thinking he went straight to a 600rr. Granted he did do alot of stupid **** while riding. When I get details on the wreck I will let everyone know what happened.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:27 PM

rip....

Old 09-16-2006, 12:02 AM

RIP

Old 09-16-2006, 12:08 AM

My god thats aweful. If they setup a fund to help the family please post the info here ill be glad to help. I'm very sorry it's never easy to loose anyone you know. Thank you also for shareing this with everyone.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:02 AM

svt, So sorry, about Charlie... We got up this morning, thinking, we've got years ahead... and no one says, today, I think I'll die... It's so sad... Many would say,"live it up, be crazy, who knows". But here we are, have'n heard about Charlie... wish'n it didn't go like this, and wondering about our tomorro... our friends, familyand loved ones. As you have said, svt... to realize about gear, but in the larger picture, I feel to love on each other, w/ wisdom and encouragment, to be aware, of all we can do to make today as safe and continue on, in this tender dance, we call life... I think Charlie would say, w/ out shame... please be carefull... It matters.
My deep sympathy to you,svt... Charlie's family and friends, and to all of us, sad'nd by a life, slipt away, too early.
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Retired Moderator

I agree 100%. Sorry to hear about your friend, Charlie. I've lost a few I've known (same thing, no gear). Sucks that stuff like this has to happen for people to realize how imporant a helmet, jacket and gloves really are. Take it easy man.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:31 AM

Thank you all. There is no talk of a fund yet but we are thinking about organizing a ride in remberance and then carrying it on every year and donating to different cause. It will be called "the fallen riders memorial ride". This next part is a bit gruesome (?) so if you don't want to read it stop now. The details on the accident are as follows. Charlie was traveling west bound on kemp road nearing the intersection at North Fairfield when a 65 year old gentlemen pulled out in front of him not seeing him. As I have understood it he hit the back of the motorcycle and some how managed to spin the bike and charlie back into the vans path then to be ran over. Both of his arms were completly crushed. His tooth had moved from his jaw to varius places to included in his nose, down his throat on the road and who knows where else. A passerby stopped and pulles several teeth from his nostrils and he started breathing again. Within seconds of that he stopped breathing at that was the end of it. I have no idea the extent of damage to his head or neck or where the van actually ran him over at. I can play that what if game all nite but I still wonder if he had a helmet on or if he hadn't spun back into the vans path what would have happend? I ask everyone to please pray for the moore family in the loss of thier son, and the elderly gentleman driving the van who has to now go on knowing he has killed someone. Charlie died at the ripe young age of 21 doing what he loved. Again thank you all.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:42 AM

he died doing what he loved, we should all be so fortunate. this furthers my point in another forum that old people are the most dangerous drivers towards us. RIP Charlie.

Quick Reply: PLEASE wear your gear.