Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

conceal carry

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conceal carry

Does anyone have their C. C. P. ? If so what do you carry? Waiting on mine any day now.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Default RE: conceal carry

I don't carry yet since I live on a college campus but I'll eventually start. I think I'm gonna stick with a 1911 with a 3.5 inch barrel and an IWB holster. My brother bought that as a carry gun and I shot it for a match since he's in the military and overseas at the moment and he wants a few hundred rounds put through the thing to make sure it'll be reliable if he ever needs it. He has an IWB specifially molded for the pistol with the shortened barrel and I found it extremely comfortable.. I dunno the brand of it offhand but it was a molded plastic holster like a blade tech. My dad sticks with a 226 in .357 and he uses an ankle holster. He's been carrying for 20+ years and one of the times he needed to use the pistol he didn't have it on him but luckily he had his beeper on his belt (this was 15 yrs ago btw) and he was wearing a sport coat. He reached for the beeper and made it click and the guy he needed to intimidate nearly shat himself :P. I've used a browning high power with an old paddle holster that my dad used as a carry gun for a few years. I wouldn't reccomend a paddle holster though as they sometimes don't like to let go of the gun and you end up drawing the holster. I know some people prefer to use a snub nose cause (you can shoot from inside of a coat pocket w/out worrying about the gun jamming) but I think that's all a load of bs.. really I'd prefer a good ol 1911 since I've been shooting one regularly at ipsc matches for the past 12 years and everything on that gun is so familiar I could shoot no matter how clammy I might get in a situation (I hope). I've used my dad's sig setup at matches before using a leather IWB and it has a nice set of XS sights. I used it in an underground range with VERY low light and the sights were perfect.

You forgot to mention one thing though. What are you going to carry?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 AM

I'm waiting till I hit 21 but believe me I will carry...

Old 08-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned

I used to have a Glock P95 9mm. Used to carry it in the woods to scare away bears and such but never really carried it around town or anything like that. I felt is was unnecessary. It was fun to strap on my hip and go riding over to a friend's house to shoot. Cars and trucks give you plenty of room for some reason if they see that...lol. I still have my permit and plan to keep it up to date just in case I ever get another handgun down the road.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Gosh!! ..the ease with which you guys talk about carrying/having guns never fails to scare me ..lol ..its so completely alien to me!!

Its like, right time for a bike ride!! .. I got my wallet, my phone ..oh and my gun (just that wee little thing that can be aimed at a person and take their life right from them) ... scary!!

Jules *shudders*

Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ Its one of the reasons i dont think i have gotten in a confrontation, yelling match, or anything in some years. The one time i do even say something cause i got cutoff on the the road etc, its gonna be some loony with a gun. About 5 years ago me and a fewguys were hanging out at a closed car wash, some guys roll up and ask who's car this is, i say mine. He calls me over and shoves a gun in my face and tells me to move it. I was freaked out for weeks, its such a crappy feeling to know i coulda got shot cause he didnt like how i parked my car.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 AM

^^^

I loved this ..the Top Gear challenge ..go to America and not be shot!! ..lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZ80c...eature=related

Actually they went to Alabama but was so funny when they went past the sign for Alabama and exclaimed, OMG!! ..they have shot their own sign, what will they do to us?? ..lol

Yep the English in America, shall we come back to tauntz u a secundz tiem?? ..lol

Jules (slips on bullet proof vest)

Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 AM

Yep the English in America, shall we come back to tauntz u a secundz tiem?? ..lol

haha that actually made me laugh out loud.

My girlfriend feels the same way about guns as you do Jules. She grew up in a city, and if you had a gun you were a bad person. however i grew up in east Bum F*ck and got my first BB gun at age 5. I would sit on my dads lap when i was a todler and help him re-load shotgun rounds for trap and skeet.

I think it all depends on your exposure to them during your life. you're right, a gun is a dangerous tool, but its only as dangerous as the person holding it. if they have been taught correctly, and are of a stable state of mind, carrying a gun would be no different than carrying a hammer. both are just heavy pieces of metal and compsites until someone decides differently.

saying guns kill people is like saying Cars drive intoxicated and Matches commit arson.

back on topic, i carry a Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact occasionaly

Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 AM

i have my permit but dont really have anything that i wanna carry. my 9mm is just to big. its the 92fs beretta w/ the 15 round mag...not real easy to fit into your pocket. shoots real nice but not good for a conceled weapon. wouldnt mind gettin a lil .380 or even a lil .22 or somethin. just has to be small is all. maybe even a lil snub nose .38 would be nice

Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

haha that actually made me laugh out loud.

My girlfriend feels the same way about guns as you do Jules. She grew up in a city, and if you had a gun you were a bad person. however i grew up in east Bum F*ck and got my first BB gun at age 5. I would sit on my dads lap when i was a todler and help him re-load shotgun rounds for trap and skeet.

I think it all depends on your exposure to them during your life. you're right, a gun is a dangerous tool, but its only as dangerous as the person holding it. if they have been taught correctly, and are of a stable state of mind, carrying a gun would be no different than carrying a hammer. both are just heavy pieces of metal and compsites until someone decides differently.

saying guns kill people is like saying Cars drive intoxicated and Matches commit arson.

back on topic, i carry a Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact occasionaly
I completely understand your arguement and we are from such different cultures ... but ..throw a hammer at someone and the chances are they will live ..put a bullet in their head or torso and the chances are they will die ... its so easy to just point a gun at someone and pull the trigger and end another humans life .. but I know your culture is different and I accept your ways, but I am really glad I just live on this wee island here ..lol

Jules

PS ..sssh ..keep a lookout for Fish!! ... he will throttle me if he finds me in another gun thread ..but I cant resist, we Brits like to live a wee bit dangerously ..just not as dangerously as Top Gear!! ..lol ;-)

EDIT: Oh ****!! ..he just came on lines ..please you gots to hidez me!!

Quick Reply: conceal carry